St. Michaels Catholic School
Tel: (912) 786-4507
- St. Michael's School offers a solid religious and academic program so that each child develops into a mature person who will be both an asset and a loyal Christian citizen within the community.
- Saint Michael's School opened on September 1, 1948, with only 54 students, many of whom were non-Catholic.
- Three Franciscan Sisters who were invited to run the school, did so on borrowed chairs from the Tybee Town Hall.
- On September 9, 1948 the first cornerstone was laid. Inside the cornerstone were the daily paper, the Catholic paper, a miraculous medal, and the profession ring of Sister Vincent ODonaghue.
- This stone stayed sealed until 1999 when St. Michael''s celebrated 50 years of educational excellence. A new stone was laid this year.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-9|
|Total Students||94 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Savannah Grades: PK-8 | 223 students
7020 Concord Road
Savannah, GA 31410
(912) 897-5224 8.1 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.