Cambridge Christian School
5.00 (1 review)
Cambridge Christian School Photo #2 - CCS is a college preparatory, accredited school. Lower school has a enrichment program, Think Tank and full science lab. All teacher have iPads and all classrooms are equipped with Apple TVs. We have a vibrant Early Childhood program servicing students 3 months to 3 years.
- Our college preparatory curriculum follows best practices and implements an Engaged Learning focus.
- Our most recent graduating class earned over $3.5 million dollars in scholarships, had 1 National Merit Scholar, 1 National AP Scholar and 30 AP Scholars. Our Athletic Program was named the #1 2014-2015 FHSAA Academic Team State Champion for Class 2A, two of our coaches were named Coaches of the Year and one of our athletes was named a Freshman All American.
- We encourage spiritual maturity and development across all areas. Our Fine Arts department takes yearly mission trips and students regularly serve the community through local partnerships with charities.
- The integration of technology is a priority, with Handheld Student Response Systems in the Lower School and a fully functional Bring Your Own Device program in Upper School.
Cambridge Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Florida for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools of Florida|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||647 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||51 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Number of AP Courses||14 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Collared shirt/khaki pants, jacket on Chapel days)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Brennan Abazzia|
|Admissions Associate||Susie Widell|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
CCS Ambassadors, Chess, Cooking, Karate, Robotics, Spelling
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Basketball, Choir, Drama, Ensemble, Pep Band
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football, Volleyball
- The mission of Cambridge Christian School is to glorify God in all that we do: by demonstrating excellence in Academic, Athletic and Artistic programs; by developing strength of character; and by serving the local and global community.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 1033 students
1515 W. Bearss Avenue
Tampa, FL 33613
(813)920-2288 6.1 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 320 students
300 E Sligh Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
(813)238-3229 2 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 434 students
7705 Gunn Hwy
Tampa, FL 33625
(813)920-3960 7.4 PK-12
- Riverview Grades: PK-12 | 227 students
5416 Providence Road
Riverview, FL 33578
(813)661-0588 12.3 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 989 students
3319 Bayshore Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
(813)839-5371 6 PK-12
I have been a parent at CCS for 17 years. My oldest soon graduated from CCS two years ago and my youngest is just entering middle school. Both of them have been at CCS since K3. The academics have been rigorous, my oldest was very comfortable in college and was exempted from an entire semester of entry level courses because of his test scores on the national AP exams. Both of my boys are thriving and have been taught, cared for and mentored by the staff and faculty of this wonderful school. Of course, college prep is available at many schools, but the spiritual foundation that they have is not available everywhere, and certainly not done with the excellence and dedication from these folks. The leadership opportunities, the family atmosphere and the cultural commitment to excellence and spiritual growth is felt from the grounds keeper to the Head of School. The investment and sacrifice my family has made to have our children here is considerable, while certainly not as much as others. However, it was worth every penny. This school has blessed our children and blessed our family. It is a community I am so proud to be part of, and I encourage anyone looking for an exceptional educational experience to give them a serious look. Go Lancers!
- Posted by Parent - mrtyh
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.