Carrollwood Day School
- Carrollwood Day School is an International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) for students in preschool through 5th grade the Middle Years Programme (MYP) for students in grades 6 through 10, and the Diploma Programme (DP) for students in grades 11 and 12.
- CDS was the first school in Florida authorized by the prestigious International Baccalaureate Organization to offer the full continuum of IB programming and the sixth school in the United States to achieve this distinction.
- CDS is a community of discovery and learning, empowering individuals to make a difference, developing and refining skills needed to be constructive citizens in an ever-changing world.
- Carrollwood Day School stands out as a leader in its mission to educate the whole child.
- In recognition of its academic excellence, CDS was selected as a 2004 No Child Left Behind - Blue Ribbon School of Excellence by the U.S. Department of Education and in 2017, the school was awarded the prestigious distinction of National School of Character for the second time. CDS emphasizes performance and moral character and believes that intelligence must operate within the context of high moral standards.
- CDS stresses the importance of building an ethical learning community in its quest for academic excellence and develops the values and principles that will define its students as the future leaders of a global society.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
International Baccalaureate (IB) World School
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2004|
|Total Students||1033 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||100 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||29 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||IB DP Biology 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Biology 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Chemistry 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Chemistry 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Computer Science 11 [SL / HL], IB DP Computer Science 12 [SL / HL], IB DP English 11 [SL/HL], IB DP English 12 [SL/HL], IB DP English B 11 [SL], IB DP English B 12 [SL], IB DP Environmental Systems and Societies 11 [SL], IB DP Environmental Systems and Societies 12 [SL], IB DP French 11 ab initio [SL], IB DP French 11 [SL], IB DP French 12 ab initio [SL], IB DP French 12 [SL], IB DP Global Politics 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Global Politics 12 [SL/HL], IB DP History 11 [SL/HL], IB DP History 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Math 11 [HL], IB DP Math 11 [SL], IB DP Math 12 [HL], IB DP Math 12 [SL], IB DP Math Studies 11 [SL], IB DP Math Studies 12 [SL], IB DP Music 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Music 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Physics 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Physics 11 [SL], IB DP Physics 12 [SL], IB DP Physics 12 [SL], IB DP Psychology 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Psychology 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Spanish 11 ab initio [SL], IB DP Spanish 11 [HL], IB DP Spanish 11 [SL], IB DP Spanish 12 ab initio [SL], IB DP Spanish 12 [SL], IB DP Spanish A 12 [SL], IB DP Theatre Arts 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Theatre Arts 12 [SL/HL], IB DP Theory of Knowledge 11, IB DP Theory of Knowledge 12, IB DP Visual Arts 11 [SL/HL], IB DP Visual Arts 12 [SL/HL],|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(School uniforms for kindergarten - grade 12)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2017-2018 Tuition:Preschool tuition ranges from $5,390 to $11,940. Kindergarten tuition is $12,740. Grades 1 - 5 tuition is $15,590. Middle School tuition is $17,340. High School tuition is $19,970.|
|Admissions Director||Dawn Schweitzer|
|Admissions Associate||Michelle Cáceres|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Equestrian, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||51 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
20/20 Club (Middle School), 3D Design and Printing Club (Middle School), Action Club / Student Council (Elementary), AV Club, Book Club (Middle School), CDS Ambassadors, Chess, Computer Programming, Dance Committee, Diversity Club, Drama Club, Environmental Clubs (High School & Middle School), Film Aficionado (Middle School), Forensics, Guitar Ensemble (Middle School), History Club, Human Rights Club, Instrumental Music Lessons, International Club (Middle School), Intramural Sports (Elementary), Jr. Thespian Troupe, Junior Spanish Honor Society, Math Club (Middle School), Middle School French Honor Society, Model United Nations, Mu Alpha Theta, National Beta Club (Middle School), National Honor Society, National Jr. Beta Club, Patriot Society (Middle School Leadership Club), Pep Squad (Elementary), SADD, Spanish Club, Spanish National Honor Society (Sociedad Honoraria HispÃ¡nica), STEM Club (Middle School), Strategy Games, String Ensemble (Middle School), Student Advisory Board, Student Council (Middle School), Student Government (High School), The International Thespian Society, Toastmasters International, Year Book Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Creative Writing Club, French Club, Girls Coding Club (Middle School), Robotics Club, Student Athletic Board, Writing / Newspaper Club (Middle School)
Recreational Athletic Programs:
French National Honor Society, Key Clu
- CDS was founded in 1981 and currently serves students from two-years-old through high school on two campuses in north Tampa.
- Preschool and kindergarten students attend our Early Childhood Campus at 12606 Casey Road.
- First grade through high school classes are located at CDS's upper campus located at 1515 W. Bearss Avenue.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: 6-12 | 685 students
727 W Cass St
Tampa, FL 33606
(813)251-8481 9.6 6-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12
4811 Kelly Road
Tampa, FL 33615
(813)885-1673 8.8 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: 9-12 | 720 students
4630 N Rome Ave
Tampa, FL 33603
(813)870-0860 7 9-12
- Land O Lakes Grades: NS-12 | 478 students
2220 & 2331 Collier Parkway
Land O Lakes, FL 34639
(813)948-7600 7.4 NS-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-6 | 138 students
1901 W Waters Ave
Tampa, FL 33604
(813)933-4782 4.4 PK-6