Christ The King Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Christ the King Catholic School delivers an academically challenging curriculum in a nurturing, Christ centered environment. For over 65 years, CKS has served Pre-K 4 through 8th grade students in a dynamic setting designed to build character, bolster confidence and develop future leaders.
- We invite you to learn more about CKS where we Love to Learn ~ Live to Serve! Call the Admissions Office at 813-870-3262 for a personal tour or visit www.cks-school.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Total Students||535 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 41%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(blue shorts or skorts or plaid jumpers or skirt with red logo shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 13 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,940|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition subsidy available for registered, active, contributing parishioners|
|Admissions Director||Danielle Welsh|
|Admissions Associate||Ali Campbell|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Flag Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Flag Football, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||13 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Beta Club, Chess Club, Communications Team, Drama Club, Early Engineering, Forensics Club, Lego Robotics Club, Student Government (Middle and Upper School), Yearbook Staff
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Drama Productions
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Christ the King Catholic School is located in south Tampa, and is a parish ministry of Christ the King Catholic Church in the Diocese of St. Petersburg, Florida. It serves over 500 children, from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 8, providing a quality Catholic education based on reason, faith, and loving kindness in the spirit inspired by St. John Bosco. In a family atmosphere, the school prepares each student to assume his/her place as an active citizen for the building of the Kingdom of God. We are Christ the King Catholic School: alive with Catholic faith and Salesian spirit nurturing respect, responsibility and reason growing in loving kindness and dedicated to academic excellence.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 243 students
3909 S Macdill Ave
Tampa, FL 33611
(813)839-4297 2 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-12 | 989 students
3319 Bayshore Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
(813)839-5371 1.6 PK-12
- Tampa Grades: PK-2 | 152 students
3712 W El Prado Blvd
Tampa, FL 33629
(813)839-0665 1.6 PK-2
- Odessa Grades: K-12 | 93 students
19521 Michigan Ave
Odessa, FL 33556
(813)792-1825 16.8 K-12
- Tampa Grades: NS-12 | 647 students
6101 N Habana Ave
Tampa, FL 33614
(813)872-6744 4.8 NS-12
Christ the King Catholic School is the best decision we have ever made. As a military family, you never really know what kind of school you will end up in. God answered our prayers when we enrolled at CKS. I am a mother of 3 children. 2 of my kids have graduated from CKS and have moved on to a Catholic school in the community. Not only were they academically ready for that next step but also emotionally and spiritually. They developed study habits that easily transferred to the high school level. They often talk about how much they miss the close knit family of CKS. I have 1 more child at CKS who is in middle school and leaves for class everyday with a smile on his face. Thank you CKS teachers for bringing joy, love, respect and responsibility to my children. They are better ambassadors of Christ because of their experiences at Christ the King.
- Posted by Parent - mom of 3
Our family is proud to be a CKS family! As a mom, I've been so grateful that when I take my children to school every day, we all feel like we're going to our "other family" and have always been welcomed by students, parents, and teachers at CKS. Not only are they challenged academically, but they are growing in their Catholic faith and have really adopted a heart for service. We are so encouraged that our children realize they are part of a bigger community and bigger world and need to be concerned for others around them and not just themselves. We know we made the right choice for our children's education because they love going to school every day. We're confident that our children will leave CKS with a strong foundation of academics, faith, service and community.
- Posted by Parent - C Smith
Our family is proud to be a CKS family! As amom, I've been so grateful that when I take my children to school every day, we all feel like we're going to our "other family" and have always been welcomed by students, parents, and teachers at CKS. Not only are they challenged academically, but they are growing in their Catholic faith and have really adopted a heart for service. We are so encouragedthat our children realizethey are part of a bigger community and bigger world and need to be concerned for others around them and not just themselves.We know we made the right choice for our children's education because they love going to school every day. We're confident that our children will leave CKS with a strong foundation of academics, faith, service and community.
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 2
CKS is really an incredible place - more than just a National Blue Ribbon school, it's a family, a community. There is a sense of joy in learning that is pervasive and a faculty and administration that is truly committed to continuously improving the experience. Curriculum is current, relevant, dynamic and thoroughly prepares students for any high school. In fact, it's so awesome to see our kids continue to get into the high schools of their choice year after year! There are extras every year - improved music and performance experiences, championship winning sports teams, an great art experience, new STEM labs that include robotics, engineering, coding and a host of after school activities. The experience is elevated by the faith-filled environment and the focus on service to others. So thankful to be part of the CKS family!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of 4
August 16, 2018
If you have been teaching for a few years, chances are that you will need to consider rebranding yourself.
August 14, 2018
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.