St. Pauls Episcopal Preschool
St. Pauls Episcopal Preschool is committed to providing quality early education in a nurturing Christian environment where each child can grow and develop mentally, socially, physically and spiritually according to his or her individual capabilities.
The preschool's goal is to give children a positive start to their educational journey and help develop their character and self confidence.
- School Type: School with Special Program Emphasis
- Grades: Prekindergarten
- Students: 222 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- St. Paul`s Preschool offers a half-day program from 9:00 a.m. to noon, with an optional LunchBunch hour until 1:00 p.m. We operate on a school year calendar, from September through May, with three to four additional weeks of "Summer Fun."Our children range in age from 3 months to 5 years. Currently, approximately 165 children are enrolled and cared for by an outstanding and well-trained staff of 28 teachers.St. Paul`s Preschool children enjoy a variety of enrichment opportunities during their school day. All children 2 years old and older go to a weekly music class, and our music teacher goes to each toddler class once a week and shares music with them in their classrooms. The 4- and 5-year-olds are treated to special weekly sessions in our Clay and Woodworking Shop, as well as Science with Dr. Echols. Children 3 years old and older attend a weekly chapel service led by our Chaplain, the Rev. Lauren A. Villemuer-Drenth. Deacon Lauren also brings a short chapel service to our 2-year-olds` classes. Extra-curricular classes by outside organizations are offered during Lunch Bunch for 3-year-olds and older. They include cooking, gymnastics, yoga, art and soccer.The Preschool is proud of its exceptional teaching staff. Ninety percent of the staff are certified with North Carolina Early Childhood Credentials and all staff members participate in continuing education programs and activities, such as workshops and conferences. St. Paul`s Preschool teachers go "above and beyond" each day to provide the best educational environment for the children in their care. They are the backbone of our program.
Endorse St. Pauls Episcopal Preschool. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.