St Leo Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- St. Leo Catholic School serves students in Kindergarten-8th Grade.
- They offer a faith-based liberal arts curriculum emphasizing literacy through phonics, grammar and handwriting, math and science proficiency, exposure to a foreign language, such as Spanish, music/art appreciation and teamwork through their athletic program.
- St. Leo focuses on rigorous academics, personal responsibility and service to others in light of the Gospels.To learn more about how St. Leo Catholic School prepares students for success in the classroom and for life, visit stleocatholic.com.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2005|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||23 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,200|
|Tuition Notes||family sibling discount|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Kinsley|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Golf, Track and Field,
- Nationally Recognized Blue Ribbon School in 2005
- Librarian received the NCEA distinguished Teacher of the Year Award in 2007
- Our Active Student Council "Lights the Way" to help those in need in our community.
- In both 2010& 2011 the School sponsored Veterans for the Flight of Honor
- In 2011 a St. Leo 6th grade student won the state Geography Bee and represented the NC at the National Geographic Bee
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lewisville Grades: NS-12 | 823 students
5501 Shallowford Road, Lewisville
Lewisville, NC 27023
(336)945-3151 6.5 NS-12
Hidden gem of a school, right in Winston-Salem. The teachers go above and beyond and have the flexibility to tailor the curriculum to help and challenge your child to learn at their best. Core values are woven within every lesson. Students take part in a mentoring program that provides support to each other while building self confidence. The families are close knit, welcoming and take care of each other. You couldn't ask for anything more in a school.
- Posted by Parent - KJenkins
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.