St. Peter Catholic School
- In partnership with church and family, we, at Saint Peter Catholic School, provide a solid foundation in the Catholic Faith, promote academic excellence, and prepare our students for a lifetime of service to God and neighbor.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,525|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition listed is for K - 6. Grades 7-8 is $5,000. Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten tuition vary based on program selected.|
|Admissions Director||Kathy Craig|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Football, Gymnastics, Ice Hockey, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingAlpine Skiing, Baseball,|
Basketball, Cross Country,
Ice Hockey, Snowboarding,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- Saint Peter Catholic School is a private elementary school serving children in grades preschool through 8th, and it has an on-site, extended day care program. The school will expand to eighth grade for the 2019-2020 school year. All classes are capped at 20 students maximum. Saint Peter Catholic School, 1250 South Shore Dr., Forest Lake, is fully accredited by the Minnesota Non-Public Schools Accrediting Association (MNSAA).
- The school`s belief is that each child is a gift from God and a promise for tomorrow. With that belief as a foundation, it has created an environment that develops the whole child by fostering academic achievement, personal responsibility and commitment to service. The educators there say at Saint Peter`s, people can expect academic excellence. It springs from a culture of academic rigor where each student is given the tools and individual attention they deserve and need to excel, not only while they are at Saint Peter, but also as they continue their education.
- The school offers students an outstanding academic program through a challenging core curriculum of science, mathematics, social studies and language arts. STEM is also integrated into the existing curriculum a program focused on science, technology, engineering and mathematics. Each classroom features fully integrated technology such as a state-of-the-art computer lab, classroom stations, iPads, and electronic `smart boards,` with capabilities growing continuously. The combination of technology, new STEM curriculum materials and digital tools provide students with the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to solve real-life problems and excel in this increasingly technological and knowledge-based global society.
- The joyful and faith-centered environment at Saint Peter Catholic School enriches and enlivens the minds, hearts, and souls of children who attend it. Grounded in the Gospel message, the educators there believe the development of values and character rivals academic rigor in creating a successful life. Self-discipline and kindness are readily evident in the classroom and the schools` hallways. And together, faculty and students explore the faith through daily prayer, participation in a weekly all-school Mass, retreats and service projects. This framework is intended to prepare students for when they will bring their gifts of faith and reason to the challenges of the world and to guide their decision-making for living a Christian life.
- Saint Peter Catholic School receives special-education services and Title I program support, hot lunch, bus transportation, band and orchestra through the Forest Lake Area Schools. Saint Peter`s provides enrichment programs in the areas of Chess Club, Scouts, a ski/snowboard program for grades 5 and 6, and an environmental camping experience for grade 6. After-school tutoring is also available from classroom teachers, and Saint Peter`s has a staff of specialists for music, library, physical education and computer.
- Saint Peter Catholic School also has a before and after school extended day program for all students. The before school program is from 6- 7:30 a.m. and the after school program is from 2:15-6 p.m. There is also a summer program built around themes and fun activities for all ages. Summer hours are 6 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saint Peter Catholic School admits children of any gender, race, religion, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities it makes available to students. Priority enrollment is given to current school families, and open enrollment begins in January. Once a grade level is full, a waiting list is established and processed in the order that applications are received. Tuition supports the school program. Rates are adjusted each year, and there is a scale of decreasing rates depending on the number of children enrolled in the school. Scholarships are available.
- Please contact the school office for more information or to schedule a tour. Saint Peter Catholic School, 651-982-2216, www.school.stpeterfl.org.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Forest Lake Grades: PK | 61 students
24799 Forest Blvd
Forest Lake, MN 55025
(651)797-7400 3.1 PK
- Chisago City Grades: PK-12 | 95 students
9387 Wyoming Trl
Chisago City, MN 55013
(651)257-4587 6.5 PK-12
- Stacy Grades: PK-K | 27 students
31075 Genesis Ave
Stacy, MN 55079
(651)462-5115 11.2 PK-K
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-K | 133 students
2303 124th Ct Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55449 12.5 PK-K
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 277 students
4690 Bald Eagle Ave
Saint Paul, MN 55110
(651)429-7771 12.8 PK-8
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.