St. Peter's Episcopal School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (423) 870-1794
- Celebrating 58 years of educational excellence, St. Peter`s Episcopal School is a child-centered community that values each student as a uniquely intelligent individual.
- Choose our groundbreaking Language Immersion program (Spanish) or our outstanding Classic Curriculum (English).
- The curriculum features a vibrant sequence of studies through which students interact as scientists, artists, mathematicians, authors, and scholars.
- This dynamic approach harnesses curiosity and stimulates young minds to question, explore, and discover.
- Striving to elevate and expand elementary education, the school incorporates art, music, foreign language, technology, outdoor experiences, wellness/health, and athletics into the learning experience.
- Located on 11 acres, the campus facilities include large classrooms, an art studio, a music conservatory, the Reading, Research, and Creative Learning Center, Science Lab, playgrounds, a large sports field and track, a chapel, and an organic garden.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||pre-K from $6,345-$10,310 Kindergarten and Grade School $13,260|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Becky Sharp|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and FieldBallet, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Lacrosse, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Car Club, Cooking Classes, Girls on the Run, Robotics Club, Soccer Shots, Taekwondo, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance Classes
- St. Peter's Episcopal School consistently distinguishes itself with a strong academic curriculum, dedicated faculty, small classes, diverse extracurricular activities and a commitment to providing excellence at an affordable price. The faculty and staff place a high priority on individual attention and focuses on nurturing the "whole" child.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 204 students
7525 Min Tom Dr
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423) 899-1999 8.8 PK-5
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 364 students
300 Brookfield Ave
Chattanooga, TN 37411
(423) 622-3873 5.4 PK-5
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 109 students
6605 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423) 894-3200 7.3 PK-5
We absolutely love this school. The curriculum is wonderful; the faculty is kind and engaging, and the care they have taken to ensure that the children are safe during this unprecedented emergency is nothing short of miraculous.
- Posted by Parent - StPParent
This school has been an amazing experience for our family! Admin issues seem to be resolved and, all things considered, it's a fast-paced business that runs pretty smoothly and with lots of love. Exactly what I wanted for my children.
- Posted by Parent - brhine
From a classroom perspective, the school has caring and excellent faculty. The administrative office is not always the easiest to deal with on issues.
- Posted by Parent - ktund
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.