St Peter's Episcopal School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Celebrating 56 years of educational excellence, St. Peter`s Episcopal School is a child-centered community that values each student as a uniquely intelligent individual.
- Choose our groundbreaking Language Immersion program (Spanish) or our outstanding Classic Curriculum (English).
- The curriculum features a vibrant sequence of studies through which students interact as scientists, artists, mathematicians, authors, and scholars.
- This dynamic approach harnesses curiosity and stimulates young minds to question, explore, and discover.
- Striving to elevate and expand elementary education, the school incorporates art, music, foreign language, technology, outdoor experiences, wellness/health, and athletics into the learning experience.
- Located on 11 acres, the campus facilities include large classrooms, an art studio, a music conservatory, the Reading, Research, and Creative Learning Center, Science Lab, an outdoor tipi, playgrounds, a large sports field and track, a chapel, and an organic garden.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||pre-K from $6,160-10,010 Kindergarten and Grade School $12,870|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Becky Sharp|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Track and FieldBallet, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Lacrosse, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Car Club, Cooking Classes, Girls on the Run, Robotics Club, Soccer Shots, Taekwondo, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance Classes
- St. Peter's Episcopal School consistently distinguishes itself with a strong academic curriculum, dedicated faculty, small classes, diverse extracurricular activities and a commitment to providing excellence at an affordable price. The faculty and staff place a high priority on individual attention and focuses on nurturing the "whole" child.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 204 students
7525 Min Tom Dr
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423)899-1999 8.8 PK-5
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 364 students
300 Brookfield Ave
Chattanooga, TN 37411
(423)622-3873 5.4 PK-5
- Chattanooga Grades: PK-5 | 120 students
6605 Shallowford Road
Chattanooga, TN 37421
(423)894-3200 7.3 PK-5
This school has been an amazing experience for our family! Admin issues seem to be resolved and, all things considered, it's a fast-paced business that runs pretty smoothly and with lots of love. Exactly what I wanted for my children.
- Posted by Parent - brhine
From a classroom perspective, the school has caring and excellent faculty. The administrative office is not always the easiest to deal with on issues.
- Posted by Parent - ktund
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.