St Peter's Episcopal School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Celebrating over 50 years of educational excellence, St. Peter`s Episcopal School is a child-centered community that values each student as a uniquely intelligent individual.
- The curriculum features a vibrant sequence of studies through which students interact as scientists, artists, mathematicians, authors, and scholars.
- This dynamic approach harnesses curiosity and stimulates young minds to question, explore, and discover.
- Striving to elevate and expand elementary education, the school incorporates art, music, foreign language, technology, outdoor experiences, wellness/health, and athletics into the learning experience.
- In 2014, St. Peter`s boldly redefined its preschool program by implementing Spanish through foreign language immersion.
- This distinctive approach allows young children to acquire fluency in a second language in the same way they learned English.
- Located on 11 acres, the campus facilities include large classrooms, an art studio, a music conservatory, the Reading, Research, and Creative Learning Center, Science Lab, an outdoor tipi, playgrounds, a large sports field and track, a chapel, and an organic garden.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||193 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||pre-K from $6,940-$8,925 Kindergarten and Grade School $11,600|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,000|
|Admissions Director||Becky Sharp|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBallet, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Cooking Classes, karate, Robotics Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Chorus, Dance Classes
- St. Peter's Episcopal School consistently distinguishes itself with a strong academic curriculum, dedicated faculty, small classes, diverse extracurricular activities and a commitment to providing excellence at an affordable price. The faculty and staff place a high priority on individual attention and focuses on nurturing the "whole" child.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-5 | 199 students
7525 Min Tom Dr
Chattanooga, TN 37421
- Signal MountainGrades: K-5 | 90 students
808 Key Hulse Road
Signal Mountain, TN 37377
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-12 | 1001 students
7236 Bonny Oaks Drive
Chattanooga, TN 37421
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-5 | 364 students
Po Box 8099
Chattanooga, TN 37414
- ChattanoogaGrades: PK-5 | 319 students
1950 Hixson Pike
Chattanooga, TN 37405
This school has been an amazing experience for our family! Admin issues seem to be resolved and, all things considered, it's a fast-paced business that runs pretty smoothly and with lots of love. Exactly what I wanted for my children.
- Posted by Parent - brhine
From a classroom perspective, the school has caring and excellent faculty. The administrative office is not always the easiest to deal with on issues.
- Posted by Parent - ktund
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.