St. Peter's School
5.00 (9 reviews)
- St. Peter's School was established by Rev. Henry Sank in 1956 as the first Catholic school in Southern Maryland that was never racially segregated.
- Classes are currently offered for Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade students.
- St. Peter's Catholic School, its faculty, parish staff and school community, strive to provide the opportunity for all students to develop their intellectual, social, physical, moral and spiritual dimensions.
- We strive to help the child develop a way of living that is infused with the message and practice of Christ and His Church.
- In recognizing the challenges confronting Catholic education today, we work to provide a flexible approach to learning, sensitive to the uniqueness of the individual, encouraging programs that will help each student reach his maximum potential.
- We affirm the need for continual evaluation of the school, in the light of this challenge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Please visit our website for specifics about the dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 6 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,060|
|Tuition Notes||Please note that unlike many other Catholic schools, we charge no additional universal fees such as book, registration, and technology fees. This approach gives everyone a clearer picture of the cost of a St. Peter’s School education.|
|Admissions Director||J.R. West|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Club, Destination Imagination, School Band, School Choir, Softball, Student Government, Sunday Youth Basketball JV/Varsity Team, Track Team, Volleyball, Yearbook Committee Art Club, School Band, School Choir, Softball, Track Team, Volleyball, Destination Imagination,|
Sunday Youth Basketball JV/Varsity Team,
- Given the education of our students as a vital ministry of the Church, we at St. Peter's continually strive to instill the love of God and love, care and concern for each other so that each child will become an active contributor to the Church and the community. The school, then, is to be community enlivened, animated, and motivated by the Gospel Spirit of Love and Freedom. We hope that the information on our website will acquaint you with our mission, our vision and the programs offered at St. Peter's. Please feel free to contact Mr. West at email@example.com or 301-843-1955 if you are interested in learning more about our school.
Profile last updated: 05/17/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WaldorfGrades: PK-12 | 405 students
13000 Zekiah Dr
Waldorf, MD 20601
- BryantownGrades: PK-8 | 256 students
13735 Notre Dame Place
Bryantown, MD 20617
- La PlataGrades: NS-8 | 353 students
104 Port Tobacco Rd
La Plata, MD 20646
- WaldorfGrades: PK-6 | 51 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
- White PlainsGrades: PK-12 | 359 students
Po Box 1668
White Plains, MD 20695
St. Peter's School is a wonderful private school that holds strong Christian beliefs and a great educational system.
- Posted by Parent - karen
I truly love the fact that the community at St. Peter's School is always welcoming the new families into the facility. Everyone involved is extremely accommodating and friendly.
- Posted by Parent - melod
St. Peter's School is an excellent choice for your child's education. The teachers are very concerned about your child's education. The staff is very friendly.
- Posted by Parent - gpars
I love sending my children to St. Peter's School because everyone here feels like family. I am so happy with the help they have provided for my child.
- Posted by Parent - briwi
I am a first year employee of St. Peter, Waldorf, Maryland. I am transplanted to Maryland from Pennsylvania and not a citizen of Waldorf. The welcoming and caring atmosphere afforded to me by Mr. West and his Administrative staff has been exceptional. I have not had the pleasure of working with such a great team oriented environment in several years. The genuine concern, compassion and attention given to the students by the faculty is awesome. The Assistant Principal and School Counselor certainly are an complement to the overall team of administrators who work in harmony. Thank goodness there are catholic schools like St. Peter's Waldorf! God Bless!
- Posted by Teacher - rejac
The administrative staff at St. Peter's School as well as the rest of the staff are some of the best people. I am so happy with them and all of their hard work and dedication.
- Posted by Parent - winif
St. Peter's School is such a great place for a parent to bring their kid(s). The teachers here are very caring and friendly.
- Posted by Parent - penny
This is the best school ever. I currently have a first and third grader attending. I can only say good things about the teachers they have had. This school really promotes kids to excel in academics. The principal is wonderful. He is caring and very involved. I highly recommend this school to everyone.
- Posted by Parent - bstev
A great family oriented school with a professional and loving staff. Our kids are safe and learning to live in a diverse world and make good decisions based on Christian values. Wonderful, forward thinking and very dedicated Principal.
- Posted by Parent - jrand
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.