St. Peter's School
5.00 (9 reviews)
- St. Peter's School was established by Rev. Henry Sank in 1956 as the first Catholic school in Southern Maryland that was never racially segregated.
- Our school cultivates spiritual growth and academic excellence by anchoring our students in Christian virtues. As a ministry of St. Peter's Church, all aspects of our school are faithful to Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church. Classes are currently offered for Pre-Kindergarten through Eighth Grade students.St. Peter's Catholic School, its faculty, parish staff and school community, strive to provide the opportunity for all students to develop their intellectual, social, physical, moral, and spiritual dimensions.
- This mission has three dimensions: The message revealed by God, which the Church proclaims; the fellowship in the life of the Holy Spirit; and service to the Christian Community and others.Our curriculum was developed to ensure that every student is receiving the education that is appropriate for their age and needs.
- We are accredited through The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), now known as AdvanceEd.For a quality Christian education in a warm and welcoming environment, bring your child to St. Peter's School. Contact us today for more information.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2017|
|Total Students||278 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Please visit our website for specifics about the dress code.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 26 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,085|
|Tuition Notes||Please note that unlike many other Catholic schools, we charge no additional universal fees such as book, registration, and technology fees. This approach gives everyone a clearer picture of the cost of a St. Peter?s School education.|
|Admissions Director||J.R. West|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||15 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
4-H’ers, Art Club, Boy Scout Troop 417, Cub Scout Pack 417, Destination Imagination, Girl Scouts, Student Government, The STEM Program, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
School Band, School Choir
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Softball, Sunday Youth Basketball JV/Varsity Team, Track Team, Volleyball
- Given the education of our students as a vital ministry of the Church, we at St. Peter's continually strive to instill the love of God and love, care and concern for each other so that each child will become an active contributor to the Church and the community. The school, then, is to be community enlivened, animated, and motivated by the Gospel Spirit of Love and Freedom. We hope that the information on our website will acquaint you with our mission, our vision and the programs offered at St. Peter's. Please feel free to contact Mr. West at firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-843-1955 if you are interested in learning more about our school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Waldorf Grades: PK-6 | 49 students
6008 Hampshire Cir
Waldorf, MD 20603
(301)870-8660 5.1 PK-6
- Brandywine Grades: PK-8 | 154 students
13407 Piscataway Rd
Brandywine, MD 20735
(301)292-2522 8.2 PK-8
St. Peter's School is a wonderful private school that holds strong Christian beliefs and a great educational system.
- Posted by Parent - karen
I truly love the fact that the community at St. Peter's School is always welcoming the new families into the facility. Everyone involved is extremely accommodating and friendly.
- Posted by Parent - melod
St. Peter's School is an excellent choice for your child's education. The teachers are very concerned about your child's education. The staff is very friendly.
- Posted by Parent - gpars
I love sending my children to St. Peter's School because everyone here feels like family. I am so happy with the help they have provided for my child.
- Posted by Parent - briwi
I am a first year employee of St. Peter, Waldorf, Maryland. I am transplanted to Maryland from Pennsylvania and not a citizen of Waldorf. The welcoming and caring atmosphere afforded to me by Mr. West and his Administrative staff has been exceptional. I have not had the pleasure of working with such a great team oriented environment in several years. The genuine concern, compassion and attention given to the students by the faculty is awesome. The Assistant Principal and School Counselor certainly are an complement to the overall team of administrators who work in harmony. Thank goodness there are catholic schools like St. Peter's Waldorf! God Bless!
- Posted by Teacher - rejac
The administrative staff at St. Peter's School as well as the rest of the staff are some of the best people. I am so happy with them and all of their hard work and dedication.
- Posted by Parent - winif
St. Peter's School is such a great place for a parent to bring their kid(s). The teachers here are very caring and friendly.
- Posted by Parent - penny
This is the best school ever. I currently have a first and third grader attending. I can only say good things about the teachers they have had. This school really promotes kids to excel in academics. The principal is wonderful. He is caring and very involved. I highly recommend this school to everyone.
- Posted by Parent - bstev
A great family oriented school with a professional and loving staff. Our kids are safe and learning to live in a diverse world and make good decisions based on Christian values. Wonderful, forward thinking and very dedicated Principal.
- Posted by Parent - jrand
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.