St Rita School For The Deaf
Tel: (513) 771-7600
- St Rita School For The Deaf is a Catholic day/residential program whose primary mission is to educate infants and students who need special methods of communication and technological support.
- We are committed to providing a safe, value-oriented environment which facilitates the educational, social and spiritual development of each student.
- We continue to believe that the best way to educate deaf and hard of hearing children is through Comprehensive Communication.
- This philosophy offers a child every available stimulus for human interaction, including sign language, lip-reading, assistive listening devices, visual aids, and technology.
- Every student is different and has his or her own way of learning and communicating.
- Through the philosophy of Comprehensive Communication, teachers and students are able to choose which method of communication works best for them.
- This approach to communicating promotes an accepting and positive classroom environment, allowing students to focus their attention on what is really important, learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||142 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
- People that viewed St Rita School For The Deaf also viewed these schools: The Childrens Home Of Cincinnati Upper School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: 1-12 | 157 students
5050 Madison Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45227
(513) 825-2441 6.7 1-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.