St. St.ephen's Episcopal School
5.00 (8 reviews)
Tel: (941) 746-2121
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #2 - Saint Stephen's students come from Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, Sarasota, Palmetto, Ellenton, Anna Maria Island, Longboat Key, Casey Key and around the globe.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #3 - 100% of our students matriculate to the nation's best colleges and universities. The class of 2015 is enrolled at Duke, Cornell, Boston College, Georgetown, Johns Hopkins, Notre Dame, Wake Forest, Tulane and other great colleges around the country.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #4 - Saint Stephen's provides education for the whole child, with an emphasis on visual and performing arts. Music, drama, voice, traditional and digital art are all offered.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #5 - Weekly chapels allows our students the opportunity to lead services, share stories, and develop public speaking skills. It also serves as a time for quiet reflection for our student body, which represents faiths and religions from around the world.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #6 - Saint Stephen's students develop strong relationships with their teachers. Students remain with the same faculty adviser from 9th through 12th grade, ensuring continuity and strong mentorship.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #7 - Saint Stephen's sponsors 44 athletic teams that compete in the Florida High School Athletic Association. Students in Pre-K through 8th grade participate in physical education four times each week.
St. St.ephen's Episcopal School Photo #8 - Located on the McLewis Bayou, Saint Stephen?'s is the only area school with direct access to the Manatee River and Gulf of Mexico. The school capitalizes on that premier location by teaching One Ocean, a custom-designed Pre-K through grade 12 marine science curriculum that provides an opportunity for each student to study the wonders of the ocean environment.
- Saint Stephen`s Episcopal School is a private, independent, college preparatory school providing a world-class education for students in grades Pre-K3 through 12.
- At every level, students are nurtured in small classes, encouraged and supported by outstanding faculty who help them navigate a carefully designed and balanced curriculum of academic rigor and character development.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Florida Council of Independent Schools (FCIS)
Florida Kindergarten Council (FKC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||73 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||22 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1211|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniforms through the 6th grade, dress code 7th - 12th grade)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition from $4,380 for 3-year-olds to $22,000 for high school.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Larry Jensen|
|Endowment Size||$5.5 million|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Diving, Football, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Diving,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Latin Club, Mock Trial competition, Model United Nations, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Ambassadors
- Saint Stephen`s Episcopal School is a private, independent, college preparatory school providing a world-class education for students in grades Pre-K3 through 12. At every level, students are nurtured in small classes, encouraged and supported by outstanding faculty who help them navigate a carefully designed and balanced curriculum of academic rigor and character development. Saint Stephen`s delivers exciting programs, including extensive AP courses, an iPad initiative, a global education program, a K-12 daily foreign language program, a growing marine science initiative, a band/strings program, regional powerhouse programs in Model U.N., Debate, Mock Trial, Latin, and a wide variety of customized curricular and extracurricular experiences that result from flexible scheduling and a philosophy of meeting individual student needs. These rich offerings go hand-in-hand with a strong college counseling program, allowing every student an opportunity to pursue higher education. Saint Stephen`s students are excelling today in colleges and universities nationwide, thanks to a strong foundation for success built on proven educational models. The school sits on a scenic, gated, 35-acre campus, which includes a state-of-the-art athletic complex that hosts sporting events including football, wrestling, cross-country, golf, basketball, soccer, track and field, lacrosse, baseball, softball, tennis, crew, and cheerleading.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bradenton Grades: 6-12
5500 34th Street West
Bradenton, FL 34210
(800) 872-6425 3.6 6-12
- Bradenton Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
5512 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34207
(941) 727-6860 3.8 PK-12
- Bradenton Grades: PK-8 | 278 students
2990 26th St W
Bradenton, FL 34205
(941) 755-2611 1.8 PK-8
My daughter began attending in pre-kindergarten and is a graduating senior this year who is well prepared for college and future success. We researched every public and private school in the Sarasota/Bradenton area before deciding on Saint Stephen's and have NEVER regretted our choice. The school is outstanding in every way and the finest - by far - in this area of southwest Florida. Academics are world class. Extracurricular offerings are plentiful and top notch. There is a sense of community at the school that is unique. Every school can say it provides a "family atmosphere" - Saint Stephen's lives it. It is the best investment our family has ever made.
- Posted by Parent - David Glaser
Our children attend Saint Stephen's and we couldn't be happier! The faculty/staff truly know each of our three children and embrace their individual qualities. The PK3-12 campus creates a unique and caring community that develops, challenges and supports each child at the appropriate level. I highly recommend Saint Stephen's.
- Posted by Parent - saboh
Great school! We moved here 3 years ago and found this "gem of a school". My boys (who have always attended public school in the past) acclimated well due to the friendly, caring staff and students. They have both found a great set of friends and have excelled in school in-spite of the challenging curriculum. The small class sizes are wonderful and the students get one-on-one attention from the well-educated teachers, as needed. Also, the College Counseling office has been great, they are incredibly knowledgable and well-connected to the college world. We are very happy with our decision to send our children to Saint Stephen's!
- Posted by Parent - srgoe
Our child, Bam, attended every week of St. Stephen's Summer Camp and it was amazing. Bam loved every week. The teachers were excellent! Every week there were different themes and so information packed into the week. He learned a ton and made so many friends. This was our first experience with St. Stephen's and a perfect way to transition him into his first year of Fledglings. Love it and so did Bam! Thank you teachers for putting so much thought and effort into your careers.
- Posted by Parent - billi
great school for talented students - lots of input of teachers our two sons went on to get a PhD in two of Europe's top universities - King's College in London and University of Cambridge they loved the academic environment and the caring teachers
- Posted by Parent - g.f.m
My son attended Saint Stephen's from Pre-K through high school. It was a wonderful experience for him and indeed for the whole family. The teachers are dedicated and determined to help their students succeed. Classes are small and one-on-one attention is always available. My son's university experience was enhanced by his years of training and learning at Saint Stephen's and he is now working for a Fortune 500 company. I attribute much of his success to the teachers and administrators of Saint Stephen's. It was worth every cent.
- Posted by Parent - rrpca
I attended two weeks of the summer camps at St. Stephens Episcopal School. The subjects were math and writing. They''re really awesome ! I totally loved math and writing after this Camp!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - edwar
You can not find a better school in this area. If you want your child to have the best education this is the school. My son loves it and my daughter will be going next year. There are no second thoughts this is the best school.
- Posted by Parent - jenma
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.