St Theresa School
5.00 (5 reviews)
St Theresa School Photo #2 - Students in Preschool through 4th grade visit weekly for read aloud story-time, and library lessons including book genres, authors and choosing a "just right book."
St Theresa School Photo #3 - St. Theresa's outstanding academics is evidenced through their success in standardized testing, who consistently score above the national average.
St Theresa School Photo #4 - The NEW modern library is open to ALL students. A library staff member allows opportunity for book check-out, study, research and tutoring.
St Theresa School Photo #5 - The private playground and outdoor space gives students an opportunity to play and socialize in a safe and secure environment.
St Theresa School Photo #8 - Weekly worship for grades 1 though 8 - Students have an opportunity to actively participate in choir, band and Gospel readings during Mass.
St Theresa School Photo #9 - The St. Theresa Preschool program is designed to expand and stimulate children's minds providing them with a first academic experience.
- St. Theresa School offers faith based academics from Preschool through 8th Grade. Catholic faith inspires the St. Theresa School experience. Children and families of all backgrounds and religious traditions are welcome.
- All day preschool and kindergarten options are available. The campus, completely renovated in 2017 offers large bright classrooms with state of the art science labs, lighting and technology. The all-day Kindergarten program enables students to expand their curriculum to include foriegn language, music, PE, art, technology and library. In addition to outstanding academics, a St. Theresa School student is expected to be kind, caring, and an ethical human being.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer program rates will be available in the Spring|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2006, 2015|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra, English Language Arts, Reading|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,224|
|Tuition Notes||Family rates for 2 and more children: 2 -$ 10,138 3 - $13,014 4 or more - $14,289|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Terri Kolbus|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Climbing, Cross Country, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Climbing, Cross Country,
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Printing, After School Programs: Chess club, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, Cooking classes, Daisy Girl Scouts, Robotics, Science and Me, Snapology, Student Council, Tech Crew
Arts and Music Programs:
After School Art, Band, Choir, Drama
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Intramural Sports, Rock Climbing
- St. Theresa School in Palatine, Illinois was founded in 1954. It is a Preschool through grade 8 educational institution serving 400 students.
- Two time winner of the Blue Ribbon School of Excellence Award.
- Extended-day care from 6:30 A.M. - 6:00 P.M.
- Free bus service for all students who reside within school Dist.15 boundries.
- Recent campus renovations include but not limited to: large bright preschool and kindergarten classrooms, NEW library, 2 science labs, an outdoor learning space, modern lunch room, art room with plenty of natural light, music room, band room, forign language lab, gymnasium, new lighting, new air conditioning, and a new safe and secure main entrance.
- The Catholic identity of the school includes daily prayer, world religion and weekly worship.
- The curriculum opperates in a technologically blended learning environment. In order to provide students both support and challenge, the curriculum fosters respect for students` talents and abilities.
- Enrichment classes include Spanish beginning in kindergarten through 8th grade, art, music, drama, technology and weekly visits to the on-campus library.
- Students engage in regular community service projects.
- St. Theresa School`s Standardized test scores, (which are posted on their website) reveal academic consistency throughout the educational program scoring consistantly above the national mean.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Palatine Grades: PK-8 | 524 students
2515 Palatine Rd
Palatine, IL 60067
(847)907-3461 3.4 PK-8
St. Theresa offers a very positive environment with staff who are committed to providing a quality Catholic education and molding future leaders.
- Posted by Administrator - Donna
Our children are recent graduates of St. Theresa School - The school has made incredible strides in the past 10 years, which is evident in the growing enrollment. The challenging curriculum and beautifully renovated school campus provide an environment to learn. Our children were well prepared for high school and are kind, respectful and compassionate teenagers.
- Posted by Parent - Don
I am the parent of 3 children in Palatine. I have had experience with both the public schools and St. Theresa in Palatine. I can unequivocally say that St. Theresa surpasses the public grade schools in Palatine in the education the children receive and in the moral character that is instilled in them. This is from personal experience over the last 3 years at the elementary and secondary levels. My eldest was very well prepared upon entering high school. The parents are very involved. Any issues with bullying (which are few and far between) are dealt with swiftly and fairly. The teachers and administration are committed to all the children from preschool through 8th grade. The school is in the process of updating the curriculum and have invested in new textbooks in mathematics and religion. The new principal, Dr. Milton Kobus, is dedicated to making St. Theresa a school to follow and admire. He is in the process of implementing a STEM curriculum. I can honestly say I trust St. Theresa with my children and their education, and would highly recommend it.
- Posted by Parent - nancy
St. Theresa has been a great school for my children. Excellent focus on academics, lots of extra-curricular activities, and Catholic values taught. There is a strong sense of community at the school with lots of parent involvement and caring families. My children have made good friends and are getting a quality education. We are very happy.
- Posted by Parent - dzak2
Our kids have been at St. Theresa School for almost 12 years now (pre-school through 8th grade) and it has been an excellent experience for all of us. Our oldest was very well prepared for the college preparatory high school environment. The teachers have been just great. In addition, the moral values infused in every aspect of the day, the sense of community and the involved parents make St. Theresa School a special place. We were very happy to make this investment in our kids.
- Posted by Parent - khann
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.