St Therese School
- St. Therese School, a faith-centered community, is dedicated to academic excellence and the growth and well being of the whole child, empowering each student to become a contributing member of the Church and society.
- We, the Faith Community of St. Therese School, are committed to the following philosophy for our school: the educational program, permeated by Catholic teaching and Gospel values, develops the individual's self-esteem by fostering the total growth of each person spiritually, intellectually, physically, psychologically, socially--to enable him/her to become a mature adult who is a positive, contributing member in the Church and society; that each student, created in God's image, has a right to an education that develops the individual's potential and fosters human dignity.
- The learner has the responsibility to embrace the educational opportunities provided; that the parents are the primary educators of their children.
- The school, church, and civic community support, complement and strengthen their role.
- All must continually foster a Faith Community, which witnesses to the Gospel message; that the school staff are the role models and leaders who set the tone of the school and work together to be examples of the Faith Community we are striving to build; that Veritas, the motto of our Dominican Order--the seeking of truth in all things--be a major influence within our school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||251 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||21:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Portland Grades: 8-12 | 39 students
631 Ne 102nd Ave
Portland, OR 97220
(503)256-1030 1.5 8-12
- Portland Grades: NS-5 | 410 students
11845 SE Market Street
Portland, OR 97216
(503)256-5455 1.5 NS-5
- Portland Grades: 8-12 | 19 students
930 NE 162nd Ave
Portland, OR 97230
(503)736-6634 1.6 8-12
- Portland Grades: NS-8 | 99 students
2505 Ne 102nd Ave
Portland, OR 97220
(503)254-1431 1.6 NS-8
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.