St. Thomas Aquinas Elementary School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Saint Thomas Aquinas Catholic School is a Catholic Elementary School of the Diocese of Bridgeport and located in the heart of historic Fairfield, Connecticut.
- Founded in 1921 we have formed the hearts and educated the minds of thousands of children in grades PK4 to Eighth Grade.
- Our mission is to provide children with academic excellence, in a faith-filled, Catholic environment and to encourage children to reach their full potential by becoming lifelong learners. By our words and by our example, we teach our students to model Christ's message of love.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2010|
|Total Students||400 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,625|
|Tuition Notes||Reduced tuition for additional children in the same family.|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Turner|
|Admissions Associate||Barbara Turner|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, SwimmingBasketball, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Alter Serving, Boy's and Girl's Scouting, Chess Club, Kindness Club, National Junior Honor Society, Running Club, School Chior, School Newspaper, Spring Musical, Student Council, Varied After School Clubs and Activities Alter Serving, Chess Club, Kindness Club, Running Club, School Chior, Spring Musical, Boy's and Girl's Scouting,
National Junior Honor Society,
Varied After School Clubs and Activities,
- Kindergarten and Grade 1 screening is mandatory and provides valuable feedback on readiness. Students entering Grades 2-8 will be may be required to take entrance testing which will be administered at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School.
- Educationsl records including report cards, standardized test scores and any special education material and teacher evaluations must be forwarded to the school office with the application. Student acceptance is not complete until all required information is submitted to the school. Current health records must also be provided prior to beginning school.
- St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School admits students of any race, color and national or ethnic origin.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
FairfieldGrades: PK-8 | 230 students
605 Stratfield Rd
Fairfield, CT 06825
StamfordGrades: PK-5 | 248 students
1186 Newfield Ave
Stamford, CT 06905
SouthportGrades: K-8 | 100 students
214 Main Street
Southport, CT 06890
StratfordGrades: PK-8 | 225 students
500 Wigwam Lane
Stratford, CT 06614
Greens FarmsGrades: PK-12 | 657 students
35 Beachside Avenue
Greens Farms, CT 06838
Hands down the best elementary and middle school in Fairfield. My children all attended and were exceedingly well prepared for high school. The principal inspires, educates and directs. She had a personal relationship with every child in the school and is dedicated to each and every one of them doing their best personally and academically. My husband and I feel that giving our children the gift of attending St Thomas was one of the best gifts we could have ever given our children.
- Posted by Parent - Msmon
I agree -- Ms Brady is FANTASTIC and incredibly engaged in all aspects of the school. If there is a problem, she gets right on it and solves it. The teachers are fantastic, my child likes them all. They take special interest in her progress (all the students from what I can tell) and offer extra help after school on a regular basis. I do wish there was a music/instrumental component (like orchestra and band instruction) plus more extra curricular however I will take academic excellence over activities any time. Also --- the younger you start at this school, the better as the older kids are harder to mesh with if you are not there from the beginning. We feel that St. Thomas has really motivated our child to strive for good grades.
- Posted by Parent - fairf
This school is truly amazing! The principal is strict, but very supportive of her students. The students attend Mass at least twice a month and are fully enriched in their faith. The teachers, such Mrs. Greenfield (7th and 8th grade English) have a solid teaching background and all have a great love for the subject that they are teaching as well as the students that they teach. The kindergarteners are all paired up with an eight grade student who teach them about God and our Catholic faith. The chess team is the best in Fairfield County and three of the four JV/Varsity basketball teams made it to Regionals last year in New Hampshire. The Cross Country team has a GREAT coach as well and the swimming team meets weekly after school where they swim at the Fairfield YMCA. However... I do warn you that the middle school students sometimes receive up to six hours of homework a night. The teachers make sure that the students take their subjects seriously and straight As is not an easy feat. The children are all ready for high school by the time they graduate and many say that high school is half the amount of work that they receive at St. Thomas! Do Send You Children To St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic School! It is an Amazing school!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - lolol
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?