Mount Mercy Academy
- Mount Mercy Academy is a distinctly Catholic secondary school for young women sponsored by the Buffalo Regional Community of the Sisters of Mercy and dedicated to carrying out its educational mission in the spirit of Catherine McAuley.
- Rooted in the message of Jesus, the board of trustees, faculty and staff, supported by families, alumnae and friends, seek to maintain a nurturing atmosphere where Mercy students are called to be women of faith, knowledge, integrity and compassion.
- Reflected in the way the Mercy community demonstrates concern for one another, through their dedication and professional competence, they endeavor to impart the hallmarks of Mercy education: dedication to Christian values, academic excellence, leadership, commitment to service, and family in partnership.
- Education at Mount Mercy is seen within the context of the whole person.
- Emphasis is placed on creating challenging opportunities for growth in spirit, mind and body.
- As true bearers of mercy and members of the global community, Mercy strives to educate its students to proclaim justice; to accept and respect diversity of all people; and to respond to the needs of others and to all of creation with compassion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
3860 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14226
(716)834-2101 8.1 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
3756 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14217
(716)877-1358 10.3 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 208 students
24 Shoshone St
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716)834-7120 7.2 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: PK-12 | 919 students
135 Cleveland Ave
Buffalo, NY 14222
(716)881-6262 5.9 PK-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 7 5-12
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.