Mount Mercy Academy
- Mount Mercy Academy is a distinctly Catholic secondary school for young women sponsored by the Buffalo Regional Community of the Sisters of Mercy and dedicated to carrying out its educational mission in the spirit of Catherine McAuley.
- Rooted in the message of Jesus, the board of trustees, faculty and staff, supported by families, alumnae and friends, seek to maintain a nurturing atmosphere where Mercy students are called to be women of faith, knowledge, integrity and compassion.
- Reflected in the way the Mercy community demonstrates concern for one another, through their dedication and professional competence, they endeavor to impart the hallmarks of Mercy education: dedication to Christian values, academic excellence, leadership, commitment to service, and family in partnership.
- Education at Mount Mercy is seen within the context of the whole person.
- Emphasis is placed on creating challenging opportunities for growth in spirit, mind and body.
- As true bearers of mercy and members of the global community, Mercy strives to educate its students to proclaim justice; to accept and respect diversity of all people; and to respond to the needs of others and to all of creation with compassion.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||228 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||9 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 400 students
3860 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14226
(716)834-2101 8.1 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 284 students
3756 Delaware Avenue
Buffalo, NY 14217
(716)877-1358 10.3 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 208 students
24 Shoshone St
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716)834-7120 7.2 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: PK-12 | 919 students
135 Cleveland Ave
Buffalo, NY 14222
(716)881-6262 5.9 PK-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 7 5-12
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.