Mount St. Mary Academy, founded by the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur, is a Catholic private college preparatory school for young women.
Within a nurturing environment, the Academy strives to develop the whole person.
Guided by our Catholic tradition, and rooted in Gospel values, we educate young women who are dedicated to lifelong learning, moral integrity and service to and acceptance of others.
Mount St. Mary Academy continues the educational and spiritual vision of the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur who, "In simplicity and joy, have offered all to God." Students are challenged to understand people of varied backgrounds by using their diverse gifts to participate in service to the community. Recognizing each student's strengths and potential for growth, Mount St. Mary offers a varied curriculum that effectively encourages each student to succeed.
Through academic and extra-curricular programs, students explore their own identities and values and enhance their moral decision making skills.
Students graduate from Mount St. Mary having attained global understanding, critical and abstract thinking skills and the ability to express their knowledge in a coherent and literate manner.
- Grades: 9-12
- Enrollment: 260 students
- Yearly Tuition: $13,600
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Advanced Placement Calculus, Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Comparative Government and Politics, Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition, Advanced Placement European History, Advanced Placement Latin, Advanced Placement Macroeconomics, Advanced Placement United States History, Advanced Placement US Government and Politics, NUSTEP BIO 101 Human Biology, NUSTEP BIO 103 Environmental Biology, NUSTEP ENG 100 Introduction to Literature, NUSTEP FRE 103/104 Intermediate French Language, NUStep REL 206 - World Religions, NUSTEP SPA 103/104 Intermediate Spanish Language, Sociology - Niagara University NUStep (365)
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Additional fees: $400 technology/Microsoft Surface fee (one time), $595 activity/administration fee (yearly)
Ms. Elizabeth Suchan-Reitz
Total Sports Offered
- A Place to Call Home
- At Mount St. Mary Academy, our students find a sense of family that makes the school feel like a second home. We are situated on a five acre campus offering nearly 100,000 square feet of educational and recreational space.
- Our 1000-seat symphonically correct auditorium, fashioned after Kleinhans Music Hall in Buffalo, is equipped for full-stage productions, as well as smaller, more intimate performances. Mount St. Mary Academy students have the opportunity to both learn and perform in this state-of-the-art venue. Dance students enjoy this and our beautiful, professional grade dance studio.Mount St. Mary Academy`s full-size gymnasium plays host to the school`s indoor sports teams. A large locker room provides student-athletes with a comfortable changing area. Seating for several hundred fans is available. Our students enjoy a wellness center, which provides a venue for exercise, as well as the opportunity for personal training and nutrition counseling.
- We offer fiveseparate science laboratory settings, including a brand new STEAM lab, and computer-based teaching areas are located in all academic classrooms, as well as our Academic Learning Center. Our College and Career Center (part of the Guidance and Counseling Department) offers comprehensive resources for students in all grade levels. There is information available on colleges, scholarships, careers, job placements and more. All of our students are orientated to the Career Center and encouraged to use our resources during a study hall or after school.OurLibrary Media Center offers students access to dozens of computers, an impressive collection of books, periodicals and online resources to conduct research, create projects and develop presentations. The Center is ideal for students engaged in group work, as well as those lookingfor a place for leisure reading.
- Students further enhance their spirituality when they celebrate liturgy in our beautiful chapel, which is accented with large stained glass windows and a breathtaking altar.
- OurInternet Cafe, open before, during and after school, is a favorite place for students wishing to relaxor enjoy a healthy snack.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Mount St. Mary Academy cost?
Mount St. Mary Academy's tuition is approximately $13,600 for private students.
What schools are Mount St. Mary Academy often compared to?
Mount St. Mary Academyis often viewed alongside schools like Buffalo Academy Of The Sacred Heart by visitors of our site.
What sports does Mount St. Mary Academy offer?
Mount St. Mary Academy offers 14 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field and Volleyball. Mount St. Mary Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New York for most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Mount St. Mary Academy?
The application deadline for Mount St. Mary Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Mount St. Mary Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Exploring Educational Savings Accounts: A Guide for Parents
This comprehensive article explores the different educational savings accounts available to parents for private K-12 education and tertiary education. It provides detailed explanations of each account, including the 529 College Savings Plan, Coverdell Education Savings Accounts, and Custodial Accounts. The article cites applicable legal authorities and emphasizes the importance of informed decision-making by consulting with legal and financial professionals.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
October 30, 2023Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.