Mount St. Mary Academy
- Mount St. Mary Academy, founded by the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur, is a Catholic private college preparatory school for young women.
- Within a nurturing environment, the Academy strives to develop the whole person.
- Guided by our Catholic tradition, and rooted in Gospel values, we educate young women who are dedicated to lifelong learning, moral integrity and service to and acceptance of others.
- Mount St. Mary Academy continues the educational and spiritual vision of the Sisters of St. Mary of Namur who, "In simplicity and joy, have offered all to God." Students are challenged to understand people of varied backgrounds by using their diverse gifts to participate in service to the community.
- Recognizing each student's strengths and potential for growth, Mount St. Mary offers a varied curriculum that effectively encourages each student to succeed.
- Through academic and extra-curricular programs, students explore their own identities and values and enhance their moral decision making skills.
- Students graduate from Mount St. Mary having attained global understanding, critical and abstract thinking skills and the ability to express their knowledge in a coherent and literate manner.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||284 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Placement Calculus, Advanced Placement Chemistry, Advanced Placement Comparative Government and Politics, Advanced Placement English Literature and Composition, Advanced Placement European History, Advanced Placement Latin, Advanced Placement Macroeconomics, Advanced Placement United States History, Advanced Placement US Government and Politics, NUSTEP BIO 101 Human Biology, NUSTEP BIO 103 Environmental Biology, NUSTEP ENG 100 Introduction to Literature, NUSTEP FRE 103/104 Intermediate French Language, NUStep REL 206 - World Religions, NUSTEP SPA 103/104 Intermediate Spanish Language, Sociology - Niagara University NUStep (365),|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,550|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Katherine Brick|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Crew, Cross Country, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,
Cross Country, Golf,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- By recognizing each student’s strengths and potential for growth, Mount St. Mary Academy has helped young women develop the important skills required to be a successful college student and professional for the past 88 years. Today, Mount St. Mary offers a curriculum which, in addition to a New York State Regents and Honors core, includes more than 20 Advanced Placement or college-partnered courses and over 30 electives. For more information, please contact the Mount St. Mary Academy Main Office at (716) 877-1358.
Profile last updated: 07/21/2015
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 400 students
3860 Main Street
Buffalo, NY 14226
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 258 students
88 Red Jacket Pkwy
Buffalo, NY 14220
Niagara FallsGrades: 7-12 | 190 students
520 66th St
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 218 students
205 Bidwell Parkway
Buffalo, NY 14222
BuffaloGrades: 9-12 | 208 students
24 Shoshone St
Buffalo, NY 14214
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?