St Amelia School
Tel: (716) 833-8150
- The mission of St. Amelia School is to provide a quality Catholic education that instills in students the spirit of Jesus Christ in a positive, caring environment, which allows students to achieve excellence and become responsible citizens in our community.
- As an integral part of the parish community, St. Amelia School is dedicated to the goal of providing a quality Catholic education.
- Following the guidelines established by the State of New York and the Diocese of Buffalo, we provide programs which foster spiritual, physical and academic growth.
- Striving to develop a community where compassion and concern for the individual are central, we acknowledge and respect the uniqueness of each child, and endeavor, in a loving and trusting atmosphere, to instill the true spirit of Jesus in every student.
- Mindful that the primary responsibility for education rests in the home, we share in this process and consider open communication between home and school essential to the growth of each child.
- It is the vision of St. Amelia School to create an environment that gives all children the opportunity to achieve their fullest personal and academic potential in order to become productive and responsible citizens.
St Amelia School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Affordability Least expensive tuition
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- Sports offered Most sports offered
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||638 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||37 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / May. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,200|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Dance, Golf, Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Indoor Soccer, Snowboarding,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurricular|
- People that viewed St Amelia School also viewed these schools: Christian Academy Of Western New York, St Andrews Country Day School, St John The Baptist School, Catholic Academy Of Niagara Falls - Elementary School and Holy Ghost Lutheran School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: PK-8 | 251 students
1545 Sheridan Dr
Buffalo, NY 14217
(716) 877-0422 1.8 PK-8
- Buffalo Grades: K-8 | 352 students
1085 Englewood Ave
Buffalo, NY 14223
(716) 877-6401 1.5 K-8
- Niagara Falls Grades: PK-5 | 153 students
1055 N Military Rd
Niagara Falls, NY 14304
(716) 283-1455 8.7 PK-5
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.