Star Of The Sea School
- Star of the Sea School is a Catholic parish elementary school, co-educational, grades Pre K-8, founded in 1909.
- Our school is a nurturing, dynamic, and constantly evolving environment that supports academic achievement, develops moral and spiritual character, and encourages students to become lifelong learners and problem solvers.
- Star takes pride in its tradition of matching graduates with high schools that best meet families` educational goals.
- Our graduates are consistently accepted to and excel in San Francisco`s top public and private high schools, including Lowell, University, St. Ignatius, Sacred Heart, Mercy, and Riordan.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||274 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||27 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,280|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition and Fees 2018-19 Registration Fee $600Annual Tuition One child $6090 participating $7090 non-participatingTwo children $10660 partipating $11660 non participatingThree or more $13710 particpating $1471|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$750|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||David Gallagher|
|Admissions Associate||Marilyn Bridon|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Class, Coding Club, Lego Class, Mandarin Language, Sewing Club, Spanish Language
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Choir, Creative Movement Dance
- It all begins with academic excellence. Star of the Sea School has created a dynamic and constantly evolving environment that supports academic achievement and encourages students to become lifelong learners and problem solvers. Our educational approach is a synthesis of our faith and today`s most progressive educational principles. At Star of the Sea, we believe that education is about people. We meet the individual needs of each child with a student-to-teacher ratio that is among the lowest in the San Francisco Archdiocese. Each child`s unique skills are encouraged through focused instruction. Our devoted faculty, instructional assistants and key academic specialists are highly committed to motivating student learning across all grade levels. This commitment is demonstrated by their experience: half of our faculty has over 20 years of teaching experience. Our art, music, and computer teachers balance and enrich our curriculum for all grade levels. Our school`s curriculum adheres to guidelines established by the San Francisco Diocese and the State of California. Star of the Sea is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) and the Western Catholic Education Association (WCEA). We believe that there is no limit to your child`s education at Star of the Sea. Our partnership with the University of San Francisco`s Authentic Educational Technology and Teacher Intern programs gives Star students access to the most innovative techniques in learning. As a supplement to our curriculum, Star of the Sea enables gifted and talented students in the upper grades to take college-level courses from the country`s top universities such as UC Berkeley, Stanford and Johns Hopkins. Our academic excellence is proven by our students` achievement on standardized tests, where Star students consistently score better than 80% of students across the country. Our writing and fine arts programs are recognized by the Archdiocese of San Francisco for their excellence. Perhaps the best measure of our students` academic achievement comes from the high schools that our graduates are accepted to each year. Star graduates are consistently accepted to and excel in San Francisco`s top public and private high schools. Many of our graduates are selected and promoted into honors and advanced Math and English courses in their first year. Star takes great pride in matching students and their families with high schools that meet their educational goals. Athletics The Star of the Sea Sports Program offers a variety of opportunities for boys and girls in 3rd through 8th grade. Sports include volleyball, basketball, cross country, and track & field. Teams participate in the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) league, which is operated by Catholic Charities. Star of the Sea Sports is a parish sponsored program and is open to children who live or attend ANY school within the parish boundaries.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Francisco Grades: K-8 | 461 students
2550 41st Ave
San Francisco, CA 94116
(415)566-0314 3.3 K-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 441 students
333 Dolores Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
(415)861-5432 2.2 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: PK-8 | 512 students
Main: 150 Oak Street; Pre-K campus: 42/52 Waller St., Middle School Campus, 888 Turk Street
San Francisco, CA 94102
(415)865-6084 2.1 PK-8
- San Francisco Grades: NS-8 | 442 students
1560 40th Ave
San Francisco, CA 94122
(415)731-4077 2.4 NS-8
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?