Stein Education Center
Tel: (619) 281-5511
- At Sam & Rose Stein Education Cen school, Our programs range from brief early intervention and preventive work with troubled young people, to treatment with school age kids, to long-term special education and training for individuals with developmental disabilities.
- We can be found assisting families in very difficult situations in many of our communities large and small, rural and suburban.
- You will see our caring staff working with challenging populations that most other agencies shy away from in areas that are conveniently located to the people we serve.
- The Education Program serves special education students 5 – 22 years of age and operates at three campus sites in San Diego.
- The program serves students with developmental disabilities such as autism as well as students with emotional disorders and behavioral concerns.
- Individualized education and behavior programs are developed for each student to meet their specific needs.
- An intensive student to staff ratio is used, involving special education teachers, speech therapists, occupational therapists, counselors, psychologists and other aide level staff.
- Both academic and community-based functional curriculum options are available. Vocational training and transition services are provided to secondary level students.
- Consultation with a Board Certified Child Psychiatrist is available as well.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||115 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San Diego Grades: PK-8 | 40 students
9524 Kearny Villa Rd
San Diego, CA 92126
(619) 521-3990 7.7 PK-8
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?