Academy Of Our Lady Of Peace
OLP enrolls 750 young women in grades 9-12 from all over San Diego County and Baja California, Mexico.
The OLP curriculum includes access to more than 50 courses in the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts and math) disciplines and more than 30 Advanced Placement and Honors courses.
OLP provides an all-girl environment where girls have the freedom to be their authentic selves. In your four years at OLP you will discover the person you have the potential to become.
The advantages of an all-girls' school education are clear.Girls' schools provide an environment that gives every girl an opportunity to showcase her emerging intellect and talents. The experience allows girls to explore and nurture their passions and potential. At OLP, girls are encouraged to become the innovators and leaders of tomorrow.
- Founded and rooted in the Gospel values of the Catholic church and the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Academy of Our Lady of Peace empowers young women in an innovative learning environment that honors the individual while fostering community, and develops faith-filled leaders dedicated to the "love of God and the dear neighbor without distinction.".
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in n/a|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||60 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Number of AP Courses||30 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I-II Honors, AP Biology, AP Calculus A/B, AP Chemistry, AP English Language & Composition, AP English Literature & Composition, AP French Language, AP Music Theory, AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP Studio Art, AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP U.S. History, Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, Economics Honors, English I Honors, Geometry Honors, Pre-Calculus Honors, Spanish III Honors, Western Civilization Honors, World Literature Honors,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Polo, Skirt, Sweater/Sweater Vest)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance is available|
|Admissions Director||Erica Huebner|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Acosta|
|Total Sports Offered||16 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Diving, Equestrian, Golf, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Surf Team, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Water PoloArchery, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Surf Team, Swimming,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Water Polo,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||42 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Academic League, Amnesty International, ASB, Ballet Folklorico, BeYOUtiful Club, Blood Drive Committee, Book Club, Carondelet Circle, Choral Club, Cinema Club, Critter Club, Culinary Club, Executive Council and Class Council, Fitness Club, French Club, Green Team, Interact Club, Junior Ambassadors, Kindness Project Task Force, Kiwins, Knitting Club, Liturgical Ministry, Lunch Bunch, Mock Trial, Multi-Cultural Club, Peace Commission, Peer Trainers, Peer Tutoring, Pilot Press, Pilot Productions, Pilots for Life, Red Cross School Club, Robotics, Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Speech and Debate Team, Women of Science, Women’s Health Initiative, Writing Club, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Spring Sing, Thespians/Drama Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Academy of Our Lady of Peace (OLP), founded in 1882, celebrates a rich history of empowering young women to become Catholic leaders in their local community and in the world. Guided by Gospel values and the charism of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, faculty and staff inspire young women to be leaders who impact global change by building community through a conscious love of God and love of the dear neighbor without distinction. As a woman of faith, woman of heart, woman of courage and woman of excellence, an OLP student is provided opportunities to put her faith into action, and become a transformative agent of change in our world.
- The school is committed to research-based practices, which foster intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning through an interdisciplinary lens, in order to form collaborative learners, visionaries and innovators. Looking toward preparing students for the future, critical thinking skills are woven across the curriculum, leveraging technology as a tool to facilitate student learning in an ever-changing world. An OLP student is encouraged to explore her passions within academic, athletic, co-curricular and spiritual activities, and develop a mindset ready to take risks and to strive for excellence.
- The school celebrates the uniqueness of the individual girl and intentionally strives to foster an inclusive community, celebrating sisterhood and unifying love. While OLP endeavors to ensure there is a richness of opportunities to challenge student thinking, cultivate confidence and expand her capacity, rigorous learning is consistently balanced in an environment of support and joy. In partnership with parents as the primary educators, OLP seeks opportunities to actively engage them in their daughter`s transformative academic and faith experiences.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- San DiegoGrades: 9-12 | 1478 students
5961 Linda Vista Rd
San Diego, CA 92110
- Chula VistaGrades: 9-12 | 869 students
1615 Mater Dei Dr
Chula Vista, CA 91913
- BelmontGrades: 9-12 | 447 students
1540 Ralston Ave
Belmont, CA 94002
- La JollaGrades: 6-12 | 800 students
7607 La Jolla Blvd
La Jolla, CA 92037
- San DiegoGrades: PK-K
2111 Camino Del Rio South
San Diego, CA 92108
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.