Stepping Stones School
- The Arc of Essex County's Stepping Stones School is a private non-profit school, designed to meet the developmental and learning needs of children with cognitive impairments including children with Down syndrome.
- Students are provided with the most up-to-date therapy and educational techniques to achieve their highest potential.
- Stepping Stones offers support for children ages three to nine in preschool and primary settings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||ASAH Private Special Education|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sue Wilson|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roseland Grades: NS | 55 students
40 Freeman St
Roseland, NJ 07068
(973)226-7300 0.4 NS
- Roseland Grades: PK-K | 31 students
3 - A Adp Blvd
Roseland, NJ 07068
(973)533-4400 0.9 PK-K
- Caldwell Grades: PK-K | 16 students
8 Academy Rd
Caldwell, NJ 07006
(973)228-5235 1.5 PK-K
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.