Stepping Stones School
- The Arc of Essex County's Stepping Stones School is a private non-profit school, designed to meet the developmental and learning needs of children with cognitive impairments including children with Down syndrome.
- Students are provided with the most up-to-date therapy and educational techniques to achieve their highest potential.
- Stepping Stones offers support for children ages three to nine in preschool and primary settings.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||ASAH Private Special Education|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Sue Wilson|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roseland Grades: NS | 55 students
40 Freeman St
Roseland, NJ 07068
(973) 226-7300 0.4 NS
- Roseland Grades: PK-K | 92 students
3 - A Adp Blvd
Roseland, NJ 07068
(973) 533-4400 0.9 PK-K
- Caldwell Grades: PK-K | 16 students
8 Academy Rd
Caldwell, NJ 07006
(973) 228-5235 1.5 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.