Suffolk Christian Academy
Suffolk Christian Academy Photo #4 - Elementary students show off their school spirit during pep rally!
- Suffolk Christian Academy is a college preparatory school with high-quality academics, spiritual, fine arts, and athletic programs. We have a graduation rate of 100%. More than 90% of our students choose to attend colleges and universities. Faculty & staff are well-qualified with the appropriate certifications and continual training and education. Our alumni are godly young men and women who are committed to a life of Christian leadership, service, and citizenship. Our program serves 3 & 4 year old preschoolers and kindergarten through 12th grade students. Most importantly, God is using SCA's educational environment and family atmosphere to positively impact the lives of our students every day and to prepare them for God's purpose and their future.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Goverment, AP Psychology, AP US History|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Interact Club (Rotary International), National Beta Club, Operation Smile Club, Robotics Club, Student Council, Student Government Association
- Suffolk Christian Academy is an excellent school filled with qualified faculty, precious students, and godly families. Our desire is to disciple students to become wholly devoted followers of Jesus Christ. We partner with Christian families to provide biblical education and spiritual development for their children; therefore, the expectation is that all families who seek to enroll their children at SCA are Bible-believing followers of Christ who are actively growing in thier own walk with God.
- Our standardized test scores demonstrate that our students are receiving an excellent education. SAT scores for our college-bound students are consistently higher than local, state, and national scores. Graduates are attending quality colleges and universities with success. Numerous alumni have made the Dean's list and admission into an academic honor society on campus. God is blessing our students' efforts and has shown them favor in their dreams and endeavors.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norlina Grades: PK-12 | 72 students
305 Old Warrenton Rd
Norlina, NC 27563
(252)456-3385 96.2 PK-12
- Suffolk Grades: PK-12 | 895 students
3373 Pruden Blvd
Suffolk, VA 23434
(757)539-8789 5.8 PK-12
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.