- Summit Autism Learning Center's mission is to provide a individualized direct therapy to children with autism utilizing the science of applied behavior analysis.
- It quickly became apparent that the families were looking for more individualized programming than what was available in the metro atlanta area.
- After the first year, Summit Autism Center grew to offer half-day, full-day and clinic options for children with autism and related developmental disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and related disabilities|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Summit Autism Center of Atlanta, Inc. aims to provide individualized, effective, and scientifically based treatment for children with autism and related disabilities that is not otherwise available in the state of Georgia. Summit Autism Center provides effective treatment, based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) utilizing B.F. Skinner’s research in Verbal Behavior (VB).
- Structured, nurturing, and individualized environment
- Year-round program
- Small, private, accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Two on-site Directors each with 20+ years experience
- Highly trained Faculty and Staff who are talented, caring, and creative
- Excellent communication between Directors, Teachers, and Parents
- Staff supervision on a daily basis by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Individualized programming for students based on their unique needs
- Prepares students for less restrictive environment
- Uses latest technology for data collection
Profile last updated: 06/26/2015
People that viewed Summit Autism Center also viewed these schools: Jacob's Ladder, Porter Academy, Heart Of Hope Academy For Children With Special Needs, Special Needs School Of Gwinnett and The Lionheart School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
RoswellGrades: PK-12 | 85 students
407 Hardscrabble Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
RoswellGrades: PK-8 | 70 students
200 Cox Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
AtlantaGrades: PK | 52 students
5130 Peachtree Industrial
Atlanta, GA 30341
LawrencevilleGrades: PK-12 | 52 students
660 Davis Rd
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
AlpharettaGrades: PK-12 | 40 students
225 Roswell Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009
Summit Autism Center is an excellent school for children with Autism. The Directors are very knowledgeable and truly care about the students and their families. My family has had a great experience and I would highly recommend them to other families.
- Posted by Parent - autis
My 3-year-old son started there in February and has made amazing progress! He is already starting to say some words and is using some sign language independently. I love that there is that 1:1 ABA time, but they also have classroom activities like circle, music, and fine motor. They also have a smart board, which my son LOVES! The staff are super nice and we love that we can log into their data system and see what our child did that day. We thankfully have insurance that covers ABA therapy and Summit has a great insurance billing department! All around we love it!
- Posted by Parent - autmo
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.