Summit Autism Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Summit Autism Learning Center's mission is to provide a individualized direct therapy to children with autism utilizing the science of applied behavior analysis.
- It quickly became apparent that the families were looking for more individualized programming than what was available in the metro atlanta area.
- After the first year, Summit Autism Center grew to offer half-day, full-day and clinic options for children with autism and related developmental disorders.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism and related disabilities|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||4 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Summit Autism Center of Atlanta, Inc. aims to provide individualized, effective, and scientifically based treatment for children with autism and related disabilities that is not otherwise available in the state of Georgia. Summit Autism Center provides effective treatment, based on the science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) utilizing B.F. Skinner’s research in Verbal Behavior (VB).
- Structured, nurturing, and individualized environment
- Year-round program
- Small, private, accredited by Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)
- Two on-site Directors each with 20+ years experience
- Highly trained Faculty and Staff who are talented, caring, and creative
- Excellent communication between Directors, Teachers, and Parents
- Staff supervision on a daily basis by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
- Individualized programming for students based on their unique needs
- Prepares students for less restrictive environment
- Uses latest technology for data collection
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lawrenceville Grades: PK-12 | 59 students
660 Davis Rd
Lawrenceville, GA 30046
(678)442-6262 19.8 PK-12
- Woodstock Grades: 1-6
102 Springfieled Dr.
Woodstock, GA 30188
(770)926-7827 12.2 1-6
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-12 | 40 students
225 Roswell Street
Alpharetta, GA 30009
(770)772-4555 3.3 PK-12
- Roswell Grades: PK-12 | 85 students
407 Hardscrabble Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)998-1017 5 PK-12
- Roswell Grades: PK-8 | 70 students
200 Cox Rd
Roswell, GA 30075
(770)594-1313 5.9 PK-8
Summit Autism Center is an excellent school for children with Autism. The Directors are very knowledgeable and truly care about the students and their families. My family has had a great experience and I would highly recommend them to other families.
- Posted by Parent - autis
My 3-year-old son started there in February and has made amazing progress! He is already starting to say some words and is using some sign language independently. I love that there is that 1:1 ABA time, but they also have classroom activities like circle, music, and fine motor. They also have a smart board, which my son LOVES! The staff are super nice and we love that we can log into their data system and see what our child did that day. We thankfully have insurance that covers ABA therapy and Summit has a great insurance billing department! All around we love it!
- Posted by Parent - autmo
August 06, 2018
SCVNGR adds a new layer to the social media world. Jeff Kirchik explains what SCVNGR is and how it works.
August 06, 2018
Two television series about private schools received a certain amount of buzz. Gossip Girl aired on CW. NYC Prep was on Bravo.
July 24, 2018
We identify changes in The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 which impact not-for-profit private schools.