Sundance Canyon Academy
Tel: (866) 678-2425
Live. Learn. Lead. Our motto reflects our commitment to each and every student.
We understand adolescence can be difficult and often painful. At Sundance Canyon we help our students identify their strengths and develop purpose in their lives as they look to the future with a strong foundation and leadership structure to guide them.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Sundance Canyon we are committed in our belief that all young men are capable of making positive changes in their lives, regardless of the nature of their problems. We believe that all of our students are worthy of a physically and emotionally safe environment. A safe and structured environment provides direction as our students to begin their trek towards making good and proper decisions.
- We believe that there are certain behaviors and skills that students should demonstrate competence. For example, we believe that all people should be respectful to each and every member of society, no matter what their race, creed, age, gender, religion, political affiliations, etc. We try to instill in our students the value of treating people warmly and genuine without compromising their own values.
- We believe that marvelous changes can and do take place as the student becomes aware of his many strengths and limitations. For these significant events to occur in the lives of our students there must be a time commitment. We believe that the time in a program may vary, as boys learn to eliminate inappropriate behaviors, which in the past have often lead to unhappiness in their lives and that of their families.
- Our philosophy is that as these young men are redirected and begin to practice appropriate personal and social skills, they begin to feel of their own personal worth. As their own self confidence builds, they begin to verbalize their feelings and needs to others in a constructive manner. They are then ready to make giant leaps in the direction of commitments and becoming capable, caring and contributing young men to their families and in society.
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to Sundance Canyon Academy is Oxford Academy (6.3 miles away)
The nearest elementary school and preschool is St. Andrew Catholic School (5.1 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Riverton Grades: K-12 | 30 students
1864 W 12600S
Riverton, UT 84065
(801) 501-0228 6.3 K-12
- West Jordan Grades: 6-12 | 89 students
5500 Bagley Park Rd
West Jordan, UT 84081
(801) 282-1034 6.4 6-12
- West Jordan Grades: 6-12 | 114 students
5899 Rivendell Dr
West Jordan, UT 84081
(801) 304-7171 6.6 6-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.