Sw Chicago Christian School
Tel: (708) 429-7171
- Southwest Chicago Christian School Association (SCCS) has been providing Christ-centered education on the Southwest side of Chicagoland for over 115 years.
- The mission of SCCS is to provide a high quality education program in the Reformed tradition emphasizing the lordship of Jesus Christ over all of life, preparing students spiritually, socially, academically, and physically to serve society effectively and glorifying God by honoring Him in all aspects of life.
- The vision is to be a Christ-centered learning community intent on restoring God's world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Limited Assistance for Mild Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||322 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||17 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Dress Code Policy; modest attire)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jun. 29|
|Tuition Notes||Please contact Admissions for tuition information|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Wilma Persenaire|
|Admissions Associate||Sandy Waterlander|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Care, Art Festivals, Intramurals, Plays/Musicals, Yearbook|
- The SCCS private school system serves about 800 students among three campuses in the communities of Oak Lawn (Preschool - 8), Tinley Park (K-8) and Palos Heights (9-12). Each school offers a broad educational program including core curricular subjects as well as Bible, art, music, computer science, physical education, and many co-curricular activities. The school is a certified Project Lead The Way school, offering STEM (Science, Technology, Engineerying, Math) courses at the middle school and high school levels.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Oak Forest Grades: PK-8 | 67 students
5217 149th St
Oak Forest, IL 60452
(708) 535-1524 4.6 PK-8
- Dyer Grades: PK-12 | 236 students
1300 Calumet Ave.
Dyer, IN 46311
(219) 865-2142 16.9 PK-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.