- Templeton Academy has a unique schedule in which students take two classes a day per quarter.This allows students to deeply engage with the subjects they`re studying.
- Instead of jumping from class-to-class in 45-minute increments, students spend 2 hours and 20 minutes each day to explore each subject.This also supports our experiential approach to learning.
- We take hands-on learning seriously and use the city`s vast resources to deepen our understanding of the world and the subjects being studied.
- BTA is a micro-school by design so that faculty, staff and students can develop strong relationships and learn from each other. Average class size is 8 students.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,850|
|Admissions Director||EV Downey|
- Experiential. We see all of Washington, D.C. as our classroom and take active learning to a whole new level. Whether it`s visiting the U.S. Capitol as part of a history lesson, exploring math at the National Building Museum, or cultivating a community garden around the corner, we see everything around us as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Academically Rigorous. Students take just two subjects per term, with two hour and twenty-minute classes, 5 days/week. This approach allows students to achieve deeper learning, greater mastery, and more hands-on experience. No lectures or rote learning; more discussion, critical thinking, problem-solving, and collaborative work among students.
- Blyth-Templeton students are intellectually curious. They welcome new challenges and learn to think critically about real-world problems. All of our students graduate ready to pursue their passions. See some of the places that BTA graduates have been accepted.
- Average class size of eight. Every student has a "front row" seat. Our teachers provide care and empathy to ensure each student receives the individual attention they need to succeed. We start and end each day, week, and year with our students.
- Deeper Learning. Our block approach allows students to spend several hours a day on each subject, giving them a chance to explore critical questions and deepen their understanding of complex topics.
- Very Small Classes. We average only eight students a class a structure that encourages classroom discussion rather than lectures and collaboration over competition.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Washington Grades: 6-12 | 37 students
4842 16th St Nw
Washington, DC 20011
(202)726-0740 5.2 6-12
- Washington Grades: 6-12
2000 Florida Ave. NW
Washington, DC 20009
(202)244-0639 3.6 6-12
- Washington Grades: NS-12 | 899 students
3100 Macomb Street NW
Washington, DC 20008
(202)243-1800 5.1 NS-12