The Children's Academy
5.00 (3 reviews)
- The Children's Academy is a Montessori school providing an excellent Montessori education for children ages 2 1/2 thru 6 1/2.
- Each child is encouraged to work to their fullest potential, while providing a peaceful and nurturing environment throughout the school.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||89 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||30:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,700|
|Tuition Notes||Half day is the popular class of choice. All day provides a total Montessori experience.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Debra Smith|
|Admissions Associate||Karen Sarno|
- The Children's Academy has three classrooms each designed to create the true Montessori experience. The Little Room enriches children 2 1/2 thru 3 1/2. The Transitional Room creates the perfect environment for 3 to 4 year olds and the Big Room creates the ultimate Montessori experience for children 3 thru 6 1/2.end-->
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MillburnGrades: NS-K | 71 students
5 Bleeker Street
Millburn, NJ 07041
- CranfordGrades: K | 10 students
1 Commerce Dr
Cranford, NJ 07016
- KenilworthGrades: PK-KG | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
- SpringfieldGrades: PK-8 | 215 students
41 S Springfield Ave
Springfield, NJ 07081
- East RutherfordGrades: NS-K | 90 students
144 Boiling Springs Ave.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
Dedicated veteran teachers, an orderly yet warm environment, a steadfast dedication to the Montessori curriculum. My daughter has flourished here.
- Posted by Parent - aliso
This preschool paved the way for my daughter. They guided her and aided her every step along the way. She looked forward to go to school every morning. At the end of the day she was able to communicate what she had learned and played. Now in Kindergarten, she frequently asks to visit her former teachers. I will be sending my son once he is ready.
- Posted by Parent - jamie
Amazing school with amazing teachers! My children have thrived academically, emotionally, and socially. Its a really supportive environment with clear adherence to the Montessori method.
- Posted by Parent - jeb99
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.