- Alpine Montessori of Millburn was established in 1978. The school's unique Montessori program has been serving the Millburn-Short Hills area for 35 years.
- The school is licensed for 89 children and is comprised of 6-7 smaller classrooms with a low teacher-student ratio.
- The school's strong academic program is delivered in a warm and nurturing environment by a faculty who an average have been with the school for over ten years.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Stroman and Ah Young Lee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Music, Science, Summer Dance, Music, Science, Summer,|
- There is a large community classroom where children get together for circle time, arts and crafts and additional activities. We also have a separate reading/library where children can select books and spend time with the reading materials. There is also a playground/outdoor area for the children to play during outdoor time. The progressive Montessori program at our school is designed as an excellent foundation for the continued education of children 2-1/2 to 6 years old (full day kindergarten). The academic year runs from early September to mid June and the school day is from 9:00am to 3:00pm with half day (AM/PM) options available. Before and after care are also available for an incremental fee. The school also offers a Summer Camp from the middle of June through early/mid August. The camp blends fun summertime activities/crafts with weekly theme-based learning objectives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
SpringfieldGrades: PK-K | 89 students
37 Church Mall
Springfield, NJ 07081
South OrangeGrades: PK-KG | 109 students
461 Vose Ave
South Orange, NJ 07079
Short HillsGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
East RutherfordGrades: NS-K | 90 students
144 Boiling Springs Ave.
East Rutherford, NJ 07073
NewarkGrades: K-12 | 154 students
580 Mount Prospect Ave
Newark, NJ 07104
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.