Alpine Montessori of Millburn
- Alpine Montessori of Millburn was established in 1978. The school's unique Montessori program has been serving the Millburn-Short Hills area for 35 years.
- The school is licensed for 89 children and is comprised of 6-7 smaller classrooms with a low teacher-student ratio.
- The school's strong academic program is delivered in a warm and nurturing environment by a faculty who an average have been with the school for over ten years.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Kindergarten|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Stroman and Ah Young Lee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Dance, Music, Science, Summer Dance, Music, Science, Summer,|
- There is a large community classroom where children get together for circle time, arts and crafts and additional activities. We also have a separate reading/library where children can select books and spend time with the reading materials. There is also a playground/outdoor area for the children to play during outdoor time. The progressive Montessori program at our school is designed as an excellent foundation for the continued education of children 2-1/2 to 6 years old (full day kindergarten). The academic year runs from early September to mid June and the school day is from 9:00am to 3:00pm with half day (AM/PM) options available. Before and after care are also available for an incremental fee. The school also offers a Summer Camp from the middle of June through early/mid August. The camp blends fun summertime activities/crafts with weekly theme-based learning objectives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SpringfieldGrades: PK-K | 89 students
37 Church Mall
Springfield, NJ 07081
- South OrangeGrades: PK-KG | 109 students
461 Vose Ave
South Orange, NJ 07079
- Short HillsGrades: PK-8 | 227 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
- KenilworthGrades: PK-KG | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
- NutleyGrades: PK-12 | 422 students
390 Washington Avenue
Nutley, NJ 07110
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.