Alpine Montessori of Millburn
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (973) 379-4710
- Alpine Montessori of Millburn was established in 1978. The school's unique Montessori program has been serving the Millburn-Short Hills area for 35 years. The school is licensed for 89 children and is comprised of 6-7 smaller classrooms with a low teacher-student ratio.
- The school's strong academic program is delivered in a warm and nurturing environment by a faculty who an average have been with the school for over ten years.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||8 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Patricia Stroman and Ah Young Lee|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- There is a large community classroom where children get together for circle time, arts and crafts and additional activities. We also have a separate reading/library where children can select books and spend time with the reading materials. There is also a playground/outdoor area for the children to play during outdoor time. The progressive Montessori program at our school is designed as an excellent foundation for the continued education of children 2-1/2 to 6 years old (full day kindergarten). The academic year runs from early September to mid June and the school day is from 9:00am to 3:00pm with half day (AM/PM) options available. Before and after care are also available for an incremental fee. The school also offers a Summer Camp from the middle of June through early/mid August. The camp blends fun summertime activities/crafts with weekly theme-based learning objectives.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Short Hills Grades: NS-8 | 223 students
52 Great Hills Road
Short Hills, NJ 07078
(973) 379-3442 2.3 NS-8
- South Orange Grades: PK-K | 117 students
461 Vose Ave
South Orange, NJ 07079
(973) 762-6451 4 PK-K
- Scotch Plains Grades: PK-K | 42 students
1390 Terrill Rd
Scotch Plains, NJ 07076
(908) 322-4652 7.2 PK-K
Alpine Montessori of Millburn was the best! This school became our daughters second home, each attended three years of school their (including Kindergarten). Our older daughter received the one-on-one attention needed to develop her fine mother skills and our younger the encouragement to take risks which helped her come out of her shell. The self confidence boost and practical skill development they received at Alpine made the transition to public schools so much easier (our youngest was accepted to three of the three private schools we interviewed at but as a family we decided public education was for us). Alpine teachers were continuously engaged with each students success. We were frequently informed of dynamics developing amongst children or any challenges our daughters might be facing. We discussed collaboratively interventions with our teachers and the overall experience within the school was a partnership geared towards our child's development. After our youngest graduated from kindergarten we moved out of New Jersey. When we return for a visit Alpine is always top of the list!We highly recommend Alpine Montessori of Millburn to any parent who is looking for a nurturing, dynamic and engaging atmosphere for their child`s early learning and development.
- Posted by Parent - Eliza Danielson
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.