The Cobb School Montessori
5.00 (8 reviews)
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #2 - Every day Cobb carries out its mission—Believe, Guide, Step Aside, Let Fly!
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #3 - The Cobb School stays true to its core values—Respect, Responsibility, Independence, and Integrity.
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #4 - Cobb is accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale (AMI) and provides an authentic Montessori education to its Young Children’s Community through to its Upper Elementary.
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #5 - The Cobb School, Montessori in Simsbury, Connecticut educates children 15 months through 12 years.
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #6 - At Cobb, joy and delight in learning are matched by the values of hard work and self-discipline.
The Cobb School Montessori Photo #7 - Every day Cobb carries out its mission—Believe, Guide, Step Aside, Let Fly.
- The Cobb School houses nine classrooms, an art studio, great hall, library, science lab, gardens, athletic fields and playgrounds.
- The school has thriving Toddler, Primary and Elementary classes, providing children 15 months through 12 years an authentic Montessori education.
- The school`s mission "Believe, Guide, Step Aside, Let Fly!" and core values respect, responsibility, independence and integrity guide its professional and accomplished staff in every decision it makes. .
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association Montessori International (AMI)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||learning differences|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable, child-friendly, no lettering or athletic wear)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Young Children's Community $11,900 Primary Program (Morning) $11,900 Primary Extended Day $16,450 Lower Elementary Program $17,900 Upper Elementary Program $18,750|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Sallie Ann Jacobs|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
chess club, engineering club, outdoor club, sports clubs, woodworking club
Arts and Music Programs:
acorn singers, art club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The Cobb School, Montessori in Simsbury is proud to be the only school in the Farmington Valley accredited by the Association Montessori Internationale. Since 1974, under the leadership of Mary Lou Cobb, founder and Head of School, Cobb has grown into a committed, compassionate, and tight-knit community of families from across the globe. The School's 150 students range in ages from 15 months to 12 years and come from 11 area towns. The School`s beautiful, natural, light-filled environment has taken shape through three major expansion projects in 1997, 2012, and 2015. This past September the school opened its Great Hall, a gymnasium and community meeting room: a project that has officially "completed the dream" on this site on five lovely acres in bucolic Simsbury.
- Today The Cobb School houses nine classrooms, an art studio, great hall, library, science lab, gardens, athletic fields and playgrounds. The school`s mission "Believe, Guide, Step Aside, Let Fly!" and core values respect, responsibility, independence and integrity guide its professional and accomplished staff in every decision it makes.
- For 42 years The Cobb School, Montessori has been guiding children to reach their potential and preparing them to find their place in the world. Call 860.658.1144 today to schedule your tour.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Windsor Grades: PK-K | 81 students
114 Palisado Ave
Windsor, CT 06095
(860)285-1400 10.2 PK-K
- Avon Grades: NS-8 | 117 students
150 Fisher Dr
Avon, CT 06001
(860)677-2403 2.3 NS-8
- Bristol Grades: NS-8 | 77 students
154 Meadow St
Bristol, CT 06010
(860)583-5631 13.6 NS-8
- Ellington Grades: K-2 | 59 students
20 Church St
Ellington, CT 06029
(860)871-7332 19.9 K-2
Our daughter started in the young children's community at The Cobb School at 15 months of age. Our goal was to find a place where she can enjoy learning, be accepted for who she is, and be taught to accept others as they are. We also wanted to find a program that highly values compassion and kindness. We found all of these things at Cobb. My daughter loves her class and I feel very confident that when I drop her off in the morning she will be treated kindly and encouraged to learn and explore. We are very happy with our choice to enroll our daughter in The Cobb School program.
- Posted by Parent - lukej
The Cobb School has changed our lives. The positive impact it has had on our pre-schooler has been nothing short of amazing. His poise, language skills, independence, manners, and curiosity have blossomed at Cobb. It's not unusual for some one to ask where he goes to school after he speaks to them, and when I say Cobb they give a knowing nod and smile. The school is dedicated to fostering a love of learning in its children, and recognizes and celebrates each child as an individual. As the mother of a young boy, I appreciate this tremendously as my little guy needs to constantly be on the move. In a traditional class setting, he'd be expected to sit and listen when everyone else does. At Cobb, the children are encouraged to move around and do their work in different places. Much of the work itself requires movement. It's experiential learning at its best. I give Cobb the highest recommendation I can.
- Posted by Parent - nwfla
There aren't enough words to express what a great school this is. We chose this school after a very exhausting search, and have not regretted it. In a matter of months, our daughter was transformed into an independentt and confident child. Everyone at Cobb, starts and ends with the child's best interest in mind. They provide a peaceful, loving environment for each child to grow. Most importantly, they're accepting of all children and family compositions; we've appreciated the non-judgmental and loving inclusion. This is not just a school, it is a loving and supportive family.
- Posted by Parent - Jones
If you want your child to love learning, develop a passion for reading, be intrinsically motivated, and nurtured in an environment that truly respect children, then this is the school for you! But don't take my word for it, visit and you'll see the difference. Really.
- Posted by Parent - lrsox
Our daughter has been with The Cobb School for 3 years. I could go on and on how happy she is, how the Montessori teachings have given her an opportunity to learn even beyond our expectations, how gifted the teachers are but instead I encourage you explore a truly unique place. This is a life changing experience for any child. We are so blessed to be part of this special community. The Berard Family
- Posted by Parent - jb2de
A gem in the Farmington River Valley! Mary Lou Cobb is a gifted, talented and passionate educator. We couldn't be happier with our decision to send our kids to the school. Cobb has helped foster a love of learning that's a rarely found in traditional school settings.
- Posted by Parent - dkins
Amazing place and faculty!
- Posted by Parent - me
I can not over state the role that Cobb School has played in my child's early development. She has blossomed into a confident, thoughtful child, who is respectful of others and eager to help out her fellow classmates (and family!) Thank you Cobb School!
- Posted by Parent - s
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.
Strategic planning is a disciplined effort to produce fundamental decisions and actions that shape and guide what an organization is, what it does, and why it does it, with a focus on the future.
Getting your child into a competitive school is a tough assignment. Don't let the many challenges overwhelm you. There is a simple solution.