- At The Ecole, we instill in our students the lifetime benefits of a bilingual education, empowering them to create and connect to a world filled with possibilities. Located in New York`s vibrant Flatiron District, our intimate and independent French-American school cultivates an internationally-minded community of students. From Maternelle to Middle School, we artfully blend the best of the French and American educational systems, gifting our students with deep academic bi- literacy, whole-child skills and knowledge, and an optimistic, multi-cultural perspective. Through their illuminating journey, students grow more flexible and fluid, interested and interesting, persistent and positive. And always ready to shape and share their life`s successes, whatever the moment and wherever they go.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||212 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Mireille Desalm|
|Admissions Associate||Anne Haerling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Dance, Fencing, Football, Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Dance,|
Gymnastics, Indoor Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Soccer Team, Theatre Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Guitar Lessons, Piano Lessons, Violin Lessons
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Tennis Lessons, Yoga
- At The Ecole, we believe that the goal of education is to develop well-informed, well-rounded, responsible and compassionate-in a word, "enlightened"-students who can create and connect to a world filled with possibilities. This belief is at the heart of our uniquely-designed bilingual program, in which students learn to not just speak, read, and write in two languages, but also to think, feel, and act in ways that are informed by two cultures. To always see, explore, and understand the world around them from two perspectives is the gift of the deeply bi-literate student, succinctly captured in our school`s motto, "Light through language".
- Artfully blending the curriculum requirements and pedagogical approaches of the French and American systems, our native-speaking faculty create rich academic environments for a diverse, international student body. From Maternelle through Middle School, students at The cole are guided through the core language arts, social studies, math, and sciences content, as well as character and cultural enrichment, in both French and English, for all subjects. In our intimate classroom settings, or out in New York City`s many artistic and historical institutions, using traditional and technology-based techniques, our teachers aspire to provide individual and group bilingual learning opportunities that engage, challenge, inspire-and illuminate.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: 1-12
115 East 106th Street
New York, NY 10029
(212)533-2826 4.2 1-12
- New York Grades: PK-5 | 76 students
3 West 95th Street
New York, NY 10025
(212)663-2844 3.7 PK-5
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.