- Friends Seminary educates students from kindergarten through twelfth grade, under the care of the New York Quarterly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- Through instruction and example, students follow their curiosity and exercise their imaginations as they develop as scholars, artists and athletes.
- In a community that cultivates the intellect through keen observation, critical thinking and coherent expression, we strive to respond to one another, valuing the single voice as well as the effort to reach consensus.
- The disciplines of silence, study and service provide the matrix for growth: silence opens us to change; study helps us to know the world; service challenges us to put our values into practice.
- At Friends Seminary, education occurs within the context of the Quaker belief in the Inner Light – that of God in every person.
- Guided by the ideals of integrity, peace, equality, and simplicity, and by our commitment to diversity, we do more than prepare students for the world that is we help them bring about the world that ought to be.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||728 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||92 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
People that viewed Friends Seminary also viewed these schools: Dalton School, Calhoun School, Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School, Trinity School and LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School).
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 999 students
139 W 91st St
New York, NY 10024
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.