- Friends Seminary educates students from kindergarten through twelfth grade, under the care of the New York Quarterly Meeting of the Religious Society of Friends.
- Through instruction and example, students follow their curiosity and exercise their imaginations as they develop as scholars, artists and athletes.
- In a community that cultivates the intellect through keen observation, critical thinking and coherent expression, we strive to respond to one another, valuing the single voice as well as the effort to reach consensus.
- The disciplines of silence, study and service provide the matrix for growth: silence opens us to change; study helps us to know the world; service challenges us to put our values into practice.
- At Friends Seminary, education occurs within the context of the Quaker belief in the Inner Light – that of God in every person.
- Guided by the ideals of integrity, peace, equality, and simplicity, and by our commitment to diversity, we do more than prepare students for the world that is we help them bring about the world that ought to be.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||756 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||103 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Friends Seminary also viewed these schools: Dalton School, Columbia Grammar & Preparatory School, Calhoun School, LREI (Little Red School House & Elisabeth Irwin High School) and Trinity School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 3.6 K-12
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 650 students
272 Sixth Avenue
New York, NY 10014
(212)477-5316 0.9 PK-12
- New York Grades: NS-12 | 997 students
139 W 91st St
New York, NY 10024
(212)932-6856 4 NS-12
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.