Elisabeth Irwin High School
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-12
- Enrollment: 636 students
- Yearly Tuition: $47,075
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Dec. 1
- Source: Verified school update
Elisabeth Irwin High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
(1) In the Lower School our extracurricular club and athletic activities are part of our Afterschool program. Please visit our website for more detailed information., (2) The Lower School Chorus, (3) Middle School clubs and extracurricular athletic activities take place both during the normal course of the school and before or after school. Options vary., (5) Middle School Intramural Sports are available to Fifth and Sixth graders, (6) High school clubs and musical ensembles meet during the last period of each day, Advanced Projects in Studio Art, Anime and Manga, Art, Band, Basketball and Softball. After school clubs include Robotics, Class Films, Comic Book Club, Gear Girls and Rube Goldberg Team., GSA, Interior Design, Jazz Ensemble, Library Corps, Literary Magazine, Makerspace, Model Congress, Model UN, Robotics, Running, Urban Agriculture., Wind Ensemble
- In the Lower School, the social studies-based curriculum integrates with the study of literacy, math, and science. Specialist teachers offer art, music, movement, physical education and gymnastics, Spanish, technology and woodworking. In the Middle School, the increasingly departmentalized program includes humanities, math, science, world languages (French, Mandarin, Spanish), performing/visual arts, physical education and inter-scholastic athletics. Students also learn responsible decision-making through the Adolescent Issues Program. In the High School, students take six required majors: English, history, mathematics, performing/visual arts, science and world languages (French, Spanish, Mandarin). Over 30 departmental and interdisciplinary elective courses are offered each year. In addition, students may supplement their coursework with undergraduate courses at NYU and/or individual Honors Projects. Extracurricular opportunities include athletics, performance, publications, and community service. College guidance is highly individualized, and our students go on to attend a wide range of excellent colleges and universities.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Elisabeth Irwin High School cost?
Elisabeth Irwin High School's tuition is approximately $47,075 for private students.
Does Elisabeth Irwin High School offer a summer program?
Yes, Elisabeth Irwin High School offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Elisabeth Irwin High School offer?
Elisabeth Irwin High School offers 13 interscholastic sports: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball and Winter Track. Elisabeth Irwin High School is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in New York for most sports offered.
What is Elisabeth Irwin High School's ranking?
Elisabeth Irwin High School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in New York for: Largest student body, Most sports offered, Most extracurriculars offered and Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for Elisabeth Irwin High School?
The application deadline for Elisabeth Irwin High School is Dec. 1.
Endorse Elisabeth Irwin High School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards