Academy Of St. Joseph
- Founded in 1856, the Academy of Saint Joseph is a private Catholic school conducted by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, New York.
- Guided by the CSJ mission statement, the students develop a sense of tolerance, acceptance and respect for themselves and each other.
- Caring faculty challenge students in subject classes scheduled in collaboration with the secondary division.
- Class meetings, field trips, ceremonies and celebrations foster a sense of community.
- Small class sizes provide frequent interaction between teacher and learner.
- Catholic beliefs and values inform the total school environment particularly in the study of religion.
- The curriculum offered in the Lower School is child centered, integrative and holistic, meeting and exceeding NYS Learning Standards.
- Emphasis on literacy and whole language begins in kindergarten and continues throughout the grades.
- The curriculum of the Academy of St. Joseph for grades 9-12 is college preparatory.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of skill in the process of learning as well as on the academic content.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CentereachGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
140 Mark Tree Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
Huntington StationGrades: K-12 | 212 students
722 Deer Park Rd
Huntington Station, NY 11746
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017