- Founded in 1856, the Academy of Saint Joseph is a private Catholic school conducted by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, New York.
- Guided by the CSJ mission statement, the students develop a sense of tolerance, acceptance and respect for themselves and each other.
- Caring faculty challenge students in subject classes scheduled in collaboration with the secondary division.
- Class meetings, field trips, ceremonies and celebrations foster a sense of community.
- Small class sizes provide frequent interaction between teacher and learner.
- Catholic beliefs and values inform the total school environment particularly in the study of religion.
- The curriculum offered in the Lower School is child centered, integrative and holistic, meeting and exceeding NYS Learning Standards.
- Emphasis on literacy and whole language begins in kindergarten and continues throughout the grades.
- The curriculum of the Academy of St. Joseph for grades 9-12 is college preparatory.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of skill in the process of learning as well as on the academic content.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CentereachGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
140 Mark Tree Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
Huntington StationGrades: K-12 | 212 students
722 Deer Park Rd
Huntington Station, NY 11746
June 19, 2017
Is private school right for your child? Learn about the things you should consider and the unique benefits of a private school education.
June 19, 2017
Letters of interest and cover letters are frequently used interchangeably even though they have different purposes.
June 07, 2017
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.