Academy Of St. Joseph
- Founded in 1856, the Academy of Saint Joseph is a private Catholic school conducted by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, New York.
- Guided by the CSJ mission statement, the students develop a sense of tolerance, acceptance and respect for themselves and each other.
- Caring faculty challenge students in subject classes scheduled in collaboration with the secondary division.
- Class meetings, field trips, ceremonies and celebrations foster a sense of community.
- Small class sizes provide frequent interaction between teacher and learner.
- Catholic beliefs and values inform the total school environment particularly in the study of religion.
- The curriculum offered in the Lower School is child centered, integrative and holistic, meeting and exceeding NYS Learning Standards.
- Emphasis on literacy and whole language begins in kindergarten and continues throughout the grades.
- The curriculum of the Academy of St. Joseph for grades 9-12 is college preparatory.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of skill in the process of learning as well as on the academic content.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CentereachGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
140 Mark Tree Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
- West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
- Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
- PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
- Saint JamesGrades: 6-12 | 126 students
541 Long Beach Road
Saint James, NY 11780
October 29, 2017
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
October 24, 2017
There are a lot of misconceptions about private schools. This is probably because private schools are indeed private.
October 24, 2017
When making an important decision that will impact the lives of your children, you need to have all the facts in place. We compiled a list of the most important factors to consider when choosing a final private school for your child.