Academy Of St. Joseph
- Founded in 1856, the Academy of Saint Joseph is a private Catholic school conducted by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, New York.
- Guided by the CSJ mission statement, the students develop a sense of tolerance, acceptance and respect for themselves and each other.
- Caring faculty challenge students in subject classes scheduled in collaboration with the secondary division.
- Class meetings, field trips, ceremonies and celebrations foster a sense of community.
- Small class sizes provide frequent interaction between teacher and learner.
- Catholic beliefs and values inform the total school environment particularly in the study of religion.
- The curriculum offered in the Lower School is child centered, integrative and holistic, meeting and exceeding NYS Learning Standards.
- Emphasis on literacy and whole language begins in kindergarten and continues throughout the grades.
- The curriculum of the Academy of St. Joseph for grades 9-12 is college preparatory.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of skill in the process of learning as well as on the academic content.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CentereachGrades: PK-12 | 235 students
140 Mark Tree Rd
Centereach, NY 11720
- West IslipGrades: 9-12 | 1706 students
1170 Montauk Highway
West Islip, NY 11795
- PatchogueGrades: PK-12 | 51 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
- Stony BrookGrades: 7-12 | 370 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
- Huntington StationGrades: K-12 | 212 students
722 Deer Park Rd
Huntington Station, NY 11746
February 03, 2018
After conducting a survey of the educational backgrounds of current U.S. senators we were able to draw some interesting conclusions. Keep reading to learn more.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.