Academy Of St. Joseph
- Founded in 1856, the Academy of Saint Joseph is a private Catholic school conducted by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Brentwood, New York.
- Guided by the CSJ mission statement, the students develop a sense of tolerance, acceptance and respect for themselves and each other.
- Caring faculty challenge students in subject classes scheduled in collaboration with the secondary division.
- Class meetings, field trips, ceremonies and celebrations foster a sense of community.
- Small class sizes provide frequent interaction between teacher and learner.
- Catholic beliefs and values inform the total school environment particularly in the study of religion.
- The curriculum offered in the Lower School is child centered, integrative and holistic, meeting and exceeding NYS Learning Standards.
- Emphasis on literacy and whole language begins in kindergarten and continues throughout the grades.
- The curriculum of the Academy of St. Joseph for grades 9-12 is college preparatory.
- Emphasis is placed on the development of skill in the process of learning as well as on the academic content.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||385 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||38 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Patchogue Grades: PK-12 | 77 students
1343 Montauk Hwy
Patchogue, NY 11772
(631)654-9284 14.6 PK-12
- Stony Brook Grades: 7-12 | 412 students
1 Chapman Parkway
Stony Brook, NY 11790
(631)751-1800 11.9 7-12
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.