Avenues: The World School
5.00 (1 review)
- Avenues: The World School is an independent school serving toddlers through 12th grade.
- Founded with the vision to establish one school with many campuses that are intentionally connected and located in key global cities, Avenues is one highly integrated learning community, supported by a common mission, shared curriculum-including language immersion-world-class technology, and an expert faculty. Avenues is helping define a new category of school-a world school-that goes beyond what`s expected of a school today to develop the future thought leaders and innovators of tomorrow.
Avenues: The World School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1,736 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||300 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1380|
|Average ACT score||31|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Black, white, and grey articles of clothing with no large brand names visible)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 4|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$58,700|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$42,000|
|Admissions Director||David Buckwald|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||60 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alliance for Asian Awareness (9–12), Art and Activism (9–12), Assembly Club (9–12), Avenues Middle Grades Book Club (6–8), AveTV (9–12), Black Student Union (9–12), Blockchain Club (9–12), Board Game Club (9–12), BuildOn Club (9–12), Canciones en Español (6–8), Ceramics Club (8–12), Chinese Pop Culture (9–12), Club Cosmos (10–12), CodeXploration Club (6–8), Committee for Social Justice (9–12), Community Supported Agriculture (9–12), Cyber Competition Club (6–8), D4i Design for Impact (7–12), Dance Club (6–8), Drama Club (8–12), Economics and Finance (9–12), Engineering Club (9–12), Fiber Arts Club! (6–8), Food and Hunger Advocacy Club (9–12), Girls Who Math (6–8), Global Journeys, Highliner Publication (6–12), Hip Hop Club (9–12), Latinx Student Union (6–12), LaunchX (9–12), Law Review (9–12), Let’s Talk (9–12), Math Team (6–12), Men of Color (9–12), Middle Grades Penumbra (6–8), Middle Grades Student Council (6–8), Middle Grades Yearbook (6–8), Middle School Model UN (6–8), Music Production Club (9–12), Philosophy Club (9–12), Queer-Straight Alliance (6–8), Queer-Straight Alliance (9–12), Roll for Initiative (6–8), Spanish Language Club (6–12), Ultimate Frisbee (6–12), Upper Grades Book Club (9–12), Upper Grades Model UN (9–12), Upper Grades Penumbra (9–12), Upper Grades Student Council (9–12), Upper Grades Yearbook (9–12), Watercolor (6–8), Wow Painting! (6–12), Young Investors Club (9–12), Zero Waste Club (9–12)
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Program, Fine Arts Program, Music Program, Private Music Lessons, Singing, Visual Arts Program
- Avenues' innovative and rigorous curriculum continues to be shaped by expert faculty, supported by our in-house R&D team. Language immersion, offered in either Chinese or Spanish, is a core part of an Avenues education from nursery to 5th grade, cultivating students who are truly proficient in a second language by the time they enter the middle grades.
- When students reach the Upper Division, our highly collaborative and innovative curriculum affords students the opportunity to participate in signature programs such as World Course, High-Intensity Practice, Global Journeys, and the Mastery Program - a course that gives students time and space to pursue their passion.
- Avenues` first campus opened in 2012 in New York and the second campus opened in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in 2018. One year later, Avenues Shenzhen opened. With the launch of Avenues Online in 2019, Avenues began to set the new standard for online education. Avenues is currently developing campuses in Silicon Valley, Shanghai and Miami, with plans to open additional campuses around the globe.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1317 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5200 3.4 K-12
Avenues is an exceptional academic experience. It prepares students to think and engage and discover their passions. I moved to NYC with my third child. All three of my children are high academic achievers. Having said that, I have experienced many schools. Avenues is by far the school that prepares a student to achieve success for the future outside of school.
- Posted by Parent - mamaofthree
If you have not looked for a job in the past several years, your job search probably needs a refresh. Here's how to do it.
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.