Avenues: The World School
- Avenues: The World School was founded with the vision to establish one school with many campuses that are intentionally connected and located in key global cities.
- Avenues is one highly integrated learning community, supported by a common mission, shared curriculum- including language immersion ,world-class technology and a headquarters team in New York City.
Avenues: The World School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1650 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||262 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Average SAT score||1370|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 22 / Jan. 8 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$56,400|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$42,315|
|Admissions Director||David Buckwald|
|Total Sports Offered||15 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Crew, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Golf, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Soccer, Squash, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Crew, Cross Country,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||60 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Alliance for Asian Awareness (9–12), Art and Activism (9–12), Assembly Club (9–12), Avenues Middle Grades Book Club (6–8), AveTV (9–12), Black Student Union (9–12), Blockchain Club (9–12), Board Game Club (9–12), BuildOn Club (9–12), Canciones en Español (6–8), Ceramics Club (8–12), Chinese Pop Culture (9–12), Club Cosmos (10–12), CodeXploration Club (6–8), Committee for Social Justice (9–12), Community Supported Agriculture (9–12), Cyber Competition Club (6–8), D4i Design for Impact (7–12), Dance Club (6–8), Drama Club (8–12), Economics and Finance (9–12), Engineering Club (9–12), Fiber Arts Club! (6–8), Food and Hunger Advocacy Club (9–12), Girls Who Math (6–8), Global Journeys, Highliner Publication (6–12), Hip Hop Club (9–12), Latinx Student Union (6–12), LaunchX (9–12), Law Review (9–12), Let’s Talk (9–12), Math Team (6–12), Men of Color (9–12), Middle Grades Penumbra (6–8), Middle Grades Student Council (6–8), Middle Grades Yearbook (6–8), Middle School Model UN (6–8), Music Production Club (9–12), Philosophy Club (9–12), Queer-Straight Alliance (6–8), Queer-Straight Alliance (9–12), Roll for Initiative (6–8), Spanish Language Club (6–12), Ultimate Frisbee (6–12), Upper Grades Book Club (9–12), Upper Grades Model UN (9–12), Upper Grades Penumbra (9–12), Upper Grades Student Council (9–12), Upper Grades Yearbook (9–12), Watercolor (6–8), Wow Painting! (6–12), Young Investors Club (9–12), Zero Waste Club (9–12)
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama Program, Fine Arts Program, Music Program, Private Music Lessons, Singing, Visual Arts Program
- Avenues: The World School was founded with the vision to establish one school with many campuses that are intentionally connected and located in key global cities. Avenues is one highly integrated learning community, supported by a common mission, shared curriculum-including language immersion, world-class technology, and a headquarters team in New York City. Avenues is helping define a new category of school-a world school.
- Avenues` first nursery-grade 12 campus opened in 2012 in NYC and the second campus opened in Sao Paulo, Brazil, in August 2018. Avenues is actively pursuing campus development around the world.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: 1-12
115 East 106th Street
New York, NY 10029
(212)533-2826 4.2 1-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 644 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)812-8521 2.6 K-12
SSAT and ISEE scores are one part of the total picture which most private school admissions staff review. These standardized tests reveal what you have learned in key mastery areas.
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
You thought everything was set. The test scores were excellent. She had glowing teacher recommendations. The visit and the interview went well. But the school didn't accept your child. What do you do now?