Lycee Francais de New York
5.00 (1 review)
- Learning in the Lycee's bilingual, pluricultural environment shapes students who are thinkers, innovators and leaders, at home in the world, and inspired to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Our teachers are leaders in their fields. Our spaces inspire learning, creating and collaborating among students and staff.
- The Lycee offers a truly unique educational experience that prepares graduates for study in top colleges and universities around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$700|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||per week|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||150 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, English language and composition, English literature, European history, Human geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Admissions Director||Martine Lala|
|Admissions Associate||Magali Bertoia|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Design, Arabic, Chess, Cooking, Girls Who Code, Science video, Scratch, Virtual Reality, Writing, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation Club, Art History, Art Studio, Ballet, Band ensembles, Choir, Jazz, Music Lessons, theater, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Fitness, gymnastics, Karate, Kenpo, Soccer, Squash Club, Tennis
- For preschool: the Lycee welcomes any family interested in a bilingual preschool education for their children to apply. The preschool is fully bilingual, with 50-50 in French and English. For students with little or no French at home, we offer a special French immersion program for pre-K students. We ask only that all families show a commitment to supporting their children's acquisition of French, if it is not spoken at home.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 0.9 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 0.4 K-12
My son started in Nursery this year and he already loves the Lyce. Evolving in a pluricultural environment stimulates him a lot and the fact that English and French are, organically, two strong languages in the school makes a huge difference. His teachers are super sweet and the school itself offers a safe, colorful and welcoming environment. I highly recommend I'm a happy father.
- Posted by Parent - Roby
Here is an overview of the private school admissions process, as well as the steps needed to find the right private school for your child.
What do teachers earn? Teachers' salaries vary from state to state, indeed, from school to school.
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.