Lycee Francais de New York
- Welcoming students from over 50 nationalities, the Lycee Francais de New York is a bilingual, independent pre-K to 12th-grade school, accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools and the French Ministry of Education.
- Committed to bilingual French and American education of the highest standard, the Lycee's mission is to prepare students of many origins to be thinkers, innovators and leaders, who are at home in the world and inspired to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- In an authentic, culturally immersive program, our students learn in bilingual instruction from both native French- and English-speaking teachers. The school follows a French curriculum and, in parallel, students are provided with a comprehensive American language and culture program comparable to that of top-level American independent schools.
- Lycee students attend top colleges and universities across the United States, Canada, the UK, France and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1288 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||150 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,250|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Martine Lala|
|Admissions Associate||Magali Bertoia|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
- For preschool: the Lycee welcomes any family interested in a bilingual preschool education for their children to apply. The preschool is fully bilingual, with 50-50 in French and English. For students with little or no French at home, we offer a special French immersion program for pre-K students. We ask only that all families show a commitment to supporting their children's acquisition of French, if it is not spoken at home.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 0.9 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 0.4 K-12
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.