Lycee Francais de New York
5.00 (1 review)
- Learning in the Lycee's bilingual, pluricultural environment shapes students who are thinkers, innovators and leaders, at home in the world, and inspired to make a positive difference in the lives of others.
- Our teachers are leaders in their fields. Our spaces inspire learning, creating and collaborating among students and staff.
- The Lycee offers a truly unique educational experience that prepares graduates for study in top colleges and universities around the world.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$700|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||per week|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||1332 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||150 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||7 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, English language and composition, English literature, European history, Human geography, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,050|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$22,000|
|Admissions Director||Martine Lala|
|Admissions Associate||Magali Bertoia|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Squash, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
3D Design, Arabic, Chess, Cooking, Girls Who Code, Science video, Scratch, Virtual Reality, Writing, Yoga
Arts and Music Programs:
Animation Club, Art History, Art Studio, Ballet, Band ensembles, Choir, Jazz, Music Lessons, theater, Visual Arts
Recreational Athletic Programs:
basketball, Fitness, gymnastics, Karate, Kenpo, Soccer, Squash Club, Tennis
- For preschool: the Lycee welcomes any family interested in a bilingual preschool education for their children to apply. The preschool is fully bilingual, with 50-50 in French and English. For students with little or no French at home, we offer a special French immersion program for pre-K students. We ask only that all families show a commitment to supporting their children's acquisition of French, if it is not spoken at home.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 0.9 K-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 705 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)744-8582 0.4 K-12
My son started in Nursery this year and he already loves the Lyce. Evolving in a pluricultural environment stimulates him a lot and the fact that English and French are, organically, two strong languages in the school makes a huge difference. His teachers are super sweet and the school itself offers a safe, colorful and welcoming environment. I highly recommend I'm a happy father.
- Posted by Parent - Roby
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.