- The Lycée Français de New York (LFNY) is one of the most renowned bilingual French schools in the world.
- Located in the heart of Manhattan, LFNY welcomes students from over 45 nationalities, preparing them to thrive in a connected, evolving world.
- LFNY combines the best of French and American educational principles with the global progressiveness of New York City to create a whole new, inspiring learning experience for students.
- In an authentic, culturally immersive program, our students learn in bilingual instruction from both native French- and English-speaking teachers.
- The school follows a French curriculum and, in parallel, students are provided with a comprehensive American language and culture program comparable to that of top-level American independent schools.
- LFNY students attend top colleges and universities across the United States, Canada, the UK, France and beyond.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||1288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||150 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$30,800|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Admissions Director||Martine Lala|
|Admissions Associate||Magali Bertoia|
|Total Sports Offered||13 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Golf, Gymnastics, Rugby, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Volleyball, Winter TrackBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Golf,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 1240 students
5 W 93rd St
New York, NY 10025
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 587 students
210 E 77th Street
New York, NY 10075
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 681 students
610 East 83rd Street
New York, NY 10028
New YorkGrades: K-12 | 610 students
433 W End Ave
New York, NY 10024
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.