Transfiguration School Photo #2 - Students painting with watercolors and creating 3D paper collages.
Transfiguration School Photo #3 - Pk students enjoying their school playground at the early childhood campus.
- Transfiguration School located downtown Manhattan, NYC. Established in 1832. We are warm, family-centered, non-profit, rigorous academic environment with a solid Catholic excellence.
- Full day programs: prekindergarten 3 year olds to 8th graders from 8:00 am to 6 p.m. includes: academic subjects, religion, art, music, choir, computer coding, rhythm drumming, Mandarin, gym, and yoga classes each week for every student.
- Elective enrichments are Chinese dance, ballet, piano, chess, art, theatre and coputer coding.
- Faculty: over 75 mulitlingual teachers add staff- English, Spanish, Cantonese, and Mandarin.
- Results: Students in 8th grades, over 80% per accepted to Specialized H.S. and all graduates recieved half and full catholic high school scholarships.
- Expansive campus: three locations- grade prek at 10 Confucius plaza NY NY 10002
- grade K-3rd at 29 Mott St, NY NY 10013
- grade 4th-8th at 37 St. James Place, NY NY 10038
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||English as Second Language|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2011|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform polo shirt with pants, jumper or skirt )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
|Admissions Director||Alice Wong|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Basketball, Dance, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBallet, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess, Computer Coding, First Lego League, Junior Lego
Arts and Music Programs:
Ballet, Chinese Dance, Piano
Since 1832, the Transfiguration School has provided educational excellence to successive waves of immigrants and their children. Rooted in the Catholic tradition, Transfiguration nurtures the mind, body and spirit in a family-centered environment to develop thoughtful and responsible learners.
Statement of Beliefs
Statement of Beliefs
- At Transfiguration School, we believe that:A growing understanding of God, awareness of self and thirst for knowledge; these three educate the whole child spirit, mind and body.
- Trust, guidance, understanding and consistent encouragement promote imagination, creativity and exploration which optimize learning in a safe, happy, enjoyable environment.
- Instructional practices must reflect the different ways and rates in which student learn.
- As they learn to accept responsibility for their words and actions, students are strengthened at all levels of their growth spiritual, intellectual, social and physical. Developing respect, responsibility, humor and kindness are essential elements of this growth. An increasing desire for truth and justice in the world is the result.
- Parents are the most significant adults in a child`s life. In planning for their child`s growth and development, a strong partnership between home and school is essential.
- The high morale of a school`s faculty is a prerequisite for progress, stability and success.
- Our educational program strengthens patriotism and the values our nation represents.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 376 students
408 East 82nd Street
New York, NY 10028
(212)288-1989 4.8 NS-8
- New York Grades: PK-10 | 233 students
138 W 90th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)362-5410 5.4 PK-10
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.