BASIS Independent Manhattan
- We are a PreK12 private school featuring a spiraling liberal arts curriculum with advanced STEM offerings.
- Home to the globally benchmarked BASIS Curriculum, which is designed to inspire mastery and excellence in our students as they learn at the highest international levels.
- Our passionate Subject Expert Teachers make learning an engaging and joyful endeavor, whether in-person or via virtual instruction.We are deeply committed to preparing students with the knowledge, critical-thinking skills, and self-advocacy needed to succeed.
- Two campus locations on the Upper West Side (PreK5) and in Chelsea* (612).
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Nov. 13 / Jan. 21|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,000|
|Tuition Notes||PreK - $31,200 K - 9 $34,000 *Updated Tuition and Fees Schedule for 2021–2022 school year will be made available in 2021.|
|Admissions Director||LaNette Hodge|
|Admissions Associate||Sharrie Varroux-Renaud|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,|
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Board Game Club, Chess, Clay World, Coding, Cooking, Math Club, Nory Robotics & Chemistry, Robotics, Rock Guitar, Science & Engineering, Suzuki Guitar, suzuki violin, Tech Club, Theatre
- Our advanced, well-rounded curriculum lays the foundations for high-level learning in content-rich courses. It is designed to inspire students to love learning at the highest international levels, as well as take risks, build confidence, and gain the knowledge and grit needed to succeed throughout their entire academic journeys.
- Our teachers are subject experts in their chosen disciplines and therefore essential to our school's success. Be it calculus, Mandarin, musical theatre, engineering, physics, and more, they utilize their expertise to make classrooms come to life and are fully invested in their students' success.
- Our unparalleled, joyful learning culture is present in every classroom, hallways, and auditorium. It sparks a drive in the minds of all our students, one that motivates them to forge their own path of learning, become independent thinkers, and pursue their ambitions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: K-8 | 513 students
556 W 110th St
New York, NY 10025
(212) 851-4288 0.6 K-8