BASIS Independent Manhattan
- BASIS Independent Manhattan is a PreK-grade 9 private school on the Upper West Side where students are inspired to learn at the highest international levels in a comprehensive liberal arts and sciences curriculum benchmarked to top education systems worldwide.
- The BASIS Curriculum features a diverse course load to promote mastery and a love of learning across disciplines, including Mandarin, engineering, performing arts, world history, advanced mathematics, economics, and more, each taught by educators with subject-specific expertise.
- Our teachers use their passion and depth of knowledge to help students grow into creative problem solvers who have the critical-thinking skills, confidence, and autonomy needed to tackle whatever challenges come their way.
- BASIS Independent Manhattan facilitates a joyful learning culture where intellectual pursuits results in extraordinary outcomes, and where students have every opportunity to reach their full potential.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$31,000|
|Tuition Notes||PreK - $28000|
|Admissions Director||LaNette Hodge|
|Admissions Associate||Sharrie Volcin|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Fencing, Flag Football, Martial Arts, Soccer, Swimming, Tennis, Track and FieldBasketball, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Martial Arts,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:
Board Game Club, Chess, Clay World, Coding, Cooking, Math Club, Nory Robotics & Chemistry, Robotics, Rock Guitar, Science & Engineering, Suzuki Guitar, suzuki violin, Tech Club, Theatre
- Our advanced, well-rounded curriculum lays the foundations for high-level learning in content-rich courses. It is designed to inspire students to love learning at the highest international levels, as well as take risks, build confidence, and gain the knowledge and grit needed to succeed throughout their entire academic journeys.
- Our teachers are subject experts in their chosen disciplines and therefore essential to our school's success. Be it calculus, Mandarin, musical theatre, engineering, physics, and more, they utilize their expertise to make classrooms come to life and are fully invested in their students' success.
- Our unparalleled, joyful learning culture is present in every classroom, hallways, and auditorium. It sparks a drive in the minds of all our students, one that motivates them to forge their own path of learning, become independent thinkers, and pursue their ambitions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New York Grades: K-12 | 1329 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
(212)423-5450 1 K-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.