Alexander Robertson School
- The Alexander Robertson School is a nurturing, small, independent Junior-K through 5th Grade school.
- We offer a cutting edge curriculum including a Smithsonian Institute designed STEM Program, French, Music, Art, Ethics, History and English Language Arts. ARS is located right next to Central Park and amongst some of the world's most important cultural institutions.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dark blue and white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joan Harrison|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Shefrin|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldDance, Indoor Soccer,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After care until 6pm|
Club or Organization:
Chess Class, Cooking Classes, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Soccer Academy
- The Science and Technology Concepts curriculum is integrated with our rich blend of humanities subjects including Art, Music, French, our unique Everyday Ethics program, progress-based Reading and Language Arts and the highly acclaimed History Alive program - young minds light up as they joyfully make connections across these different subject areas. The wildly popular Singapore Math curriculum rounds out our STEM offerings.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 957 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212)724-6360 0.3 PK-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 644 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)812-8521 1 K-12
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.