Alexander Robertson School
- The Alexander Robertson School is a nurturing, small, independent Junior-K through 5th Grade school.
- We offer a cutting edge curriculum including a Smithsonian Institute designed STEM Program, French, Music, Art, Ethics, History and English Language Arts. ARS is located right next to Central Park and amongst some of the world's most important cultural institutions.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||76 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dark blue and white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$38,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joan Harrison|
|Admissions Associate||Nancy Shefrin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After care until 6pm|
Club or Organization:
Chess Class, Cooking Classes, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Soccer Academy
- The Science and Technology Concepts curriculum is integrated with our rich blend of humanities subjects including Art, Music, French, our unique Everyday Ethics program, progress-based Reading and Language Arts and the highly acclaimed History Alive program - young minds light up as they joyfully make connections across these different subject areas. The wildly popular Singapore Math curriculum rounds out our STEM offerings.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 1033 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212)724-6360 0.3 PK-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 644 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212)812-8521 1 K-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.