Alexander Robertson School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (212) 663-2844
- The Alexander Robertson School is a nurturing, small, independent Junior-K through 5th Grade school.
- We offer a cutting edge curriculum including a Smithsonian Institute designed STEM Program, French, Music, Art, Ethics, History and English Language Arts. ARS is located right next to Central Park and amongst some of the world's most important cultural institutions.
Alexander Robertson School places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- School History Oldest founding date
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||73 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(dark blue and white)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Dec. 5 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$35,000|
|Tuition Notes||Financial aid available|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Joan Harrison|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Dance, Indoor Soccer, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldDance, Indoor Soccer,|
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After care until 6pm|
Club or Organization:
Chess Class, Cooking Classes, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Fitness, Soccer Academy
- The Science and Technology Concepts curriculum is integrated with our rich blend of humanities subjects including Art, Music, French, our unique Everyday Ethics program, progress-based Reading and Language Arts and the highly acclaimed History Alive program - young minds light up as they joyfully make connections across these different subject areas. The wildly popular Singapore Math curriculum rounds out our STEM offerings.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: PK-12 | 957 students
291 Central Park West
New York, NY 10024
(212) 724-6360 0.3 PK-12
- New York Grades: K-12 | 655 students
260 W 78th St
New York, NY 10024
(212) 812-8521 1 K-12
A gem of a school! Our child is happy and thriving. We feel she is in a safe environment where curiosity is encouraged and learning feels organic by design.The administration is knowledgeable, nurturing, and very hands-on. They work with families to meet each child's needs. The new Head of School is a great leader with an open door policy who continues to cultivate an environment of inclusivity, respect, and love of learning. Teachers are encouraged and given autonomy to teach the curriculum using their talents. Weekly assemblies further strengthen community bonds and parent involvement. Best kept secret on the Upper Westside!
- Posted by Parent - A Mom
I love the head of school and director of academics. They are so skilled and you will want to stay for them alone!
- Posted by Parent - Happy
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.