French American School Of New York
- The School's rigorous bilingual, bicultural curriculum includes a Pre-School with Nursery, Pre-K, and Kindergarten, the Lower School Grades 1-5, and the Upper School Grades 6-12.
- Graduates are awarded a FASNY diploma and are prepared to pass the French Baccalauréat (ES and S).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Other school association(s)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||848 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||76 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Antoine Agopian|
|Admissions Associate||Marine Heraud|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Rugby, Soccer, TennisBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Rugby,
- Since its founding in 1980, FASNY has evolved from a three teacher, 17-student nursery to a thriving school on three campuses, educating more than 800 students per year. FASNY offers a bilingual and bicultural education to a population of local American families, French expatriates, French-American families, and international families from 45 countries. FASNY families are rich in culture and tradition and their presence creates the spirit of the School, both in and out of the classrooms. FASNY's academic program is rigorous and challenging, adhering to both traditional American and official French curricula. This dual curriculum highlights the best of both the French and American education systems. Eighty-five percent of the faculty hold advanced degrees, an impressive statistic for a school our size. Accredited by the French Ministry of National Education, New york State Department of Education, and the New York State Association of Independent Schools, FASNY is proud to be the only true bilingual and bicultural school in the greater New York City area. Students are awarded a FASNY diploma and are prepared to pass the French Baccalaureate. As the world grows more global by the minute, we embrace the need for broader cultural understanding. The School emphasizes the importance of appreciation and tolerance of diverse cultures.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RyeGrades: PK-12 | 884 students
Rye, NY 10580
- ArdsleyGrades: NS-5
One Cross Road
Ardsley, NY 10502
- LarchmontGrades: NS-12 | 837 students
111 Larchmont Ave
Larchmont, NY 10538
- White PlainsGrades: PK-8 | 168 students
52 N Broadway
White Plains, NY 10603
- MamaroneckGrades: PK-8 | 307 students
856 Orienta Ave
Mamaroneck, NY 10543
Nearby Homes for Sale
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.