French-American School of New York
Tel: (914) 250-0401
French-American School of New York Photo #4 - 14 competitive High-School sports teams, including rugby.
French-American School of New York Photo #6 - The Nursery school accepts children as young as 3 years old, offering them the benefit of bilingualism regardless of the language spoken at home.
French-American School of New York Photo #7 - 100% success rate in 2018 on both the French Baccalaureate and the IB diploma
French-American School of New York Photo #8 - 93 fulltime-equivalent teachers, 90% of whom hold advanced degrees.
FASNY is the only school in the New York metropolitan area to be accredited to offer both the International Baccalaureate and the French Baccalaureate. All of our students also graduate with a New York State high school diploma.
The Nursery-12 school accepts children as young as 3 years old, offering them the benefit of bilingualism regardless of the language spoken at home.
Students in the International (IB) or French Bac tracks receive a well-rounded education, preparing them for success in the best universities on both sides of the Atlantic. Non-French speakers are accepted at all grade levels.
French-American School of New York places among the top 20% of private schools in New York for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) or (School of Tomorrow)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
New York State Association of Independent Schools (NYSAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$425|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Per week|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||707 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||93 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$33,780|
|Tuition Notes||For highest grade offered (grade 12)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$18,110|
|Admissions Director||Marine Heraud|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Rugby, Soccer, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Rugby,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Astrophysics, Book Club, Chess Club, Cinema Club, Community Service Club, Diversity Club, FIRST Robotics, Literary Club, Math and Science Club, Mentoring, Model United Nations Club, Music Club, Newspaper Club, Student Council, Yearbook Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- A bilingual immersion program
- Strong arts, music, and athletics; a community-service program; national and international educational trips; and many clubs
- A student and staff body representing 50+ nationalities
- An atmosphere of tolerance, acceptance, and appreciation of diversity
- A combination of French and American school-life traditions, making for a warm and engaging community
- A track record of academic excellence: 100% success rate in 2018 on both the French baccalaureate (84% passing with honors) and the IB diploma
- A college acceptance list including Columbia, Harvard, MIT, Princeton, Stanford, and Yale in the United States; Cambridge, Imperial College, LSE, Oxford, and UCL in the United Kingdom; as well as Canada and France`s best universities and grandes coles and other fine European institutions.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New York Grades: NS-8 | 205 students
111 E 22nd Street
New York, NY 10010
(646) 410-2238 19.7 NS-8
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
TLTR? There are a couple of private school documents which you need to read.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.