The Community School
- The Community School is designed for students in junior high and high school (ages 12-18 years old), as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- The Community School also has an emerging program for young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a learning community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||2 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,600|
|Tuition Notes||School accepts sb-10 scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Tara Gilbert|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 254 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
- Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
- MariettaGrades: K-12 | 36 students
1517 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
- AtlantaGrades: NS-6 | 499 students
3160 Northside Pkwy Nw
Atlanta, GA 30327
- AtlantaGrades: 1-12 | 93 students
1900 Dekalb Ave Ne
Atlanta, GA 30307
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.
January 07, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.
December 27, 2017
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.