The Community School
- The Community School is designed for students in junior high and high school (ages 12-18 years old), as well as young adults in transition, who have had difficulty keeping pace in traditional academic settings, and who need more emphasis on social-emotional development, communication and relationship skills, and contextual, experiential learning.
- This program offers a nurturing and highly interactive learning environment built around experiences of strong personal interest.
- We are accredited by the Georgia Accrediting Commission, enabling students who are ready to work towards a high school diploma to do so.
- Students' profiles may include a diagnosis of an autistic spectrum disorder, including Asperger Syndrome and PDD, or nonverbal learning disability.
- Many students struggle with managing their feelings frustration, anger, anxiety, obsessive thinking) and with having successful relationships.
- They may have become depressed and despondent in other schools and feel an overwhelming sense of hopelessness and withdrawal when they first join us.
- The Community School also has an emerging program for young adults in transition, providing job and/or college support, social development, and a place in a learning community.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||7 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||2 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$29,600|
|Tuition Notes||School accepts sb-10 scholarships|
|Admissions Director||Tara Gilbert|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AtlantaGrades: K-12 | 266 students
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
MariettaGrades: K-12 | 36 students
1517 Johnson Ferry Road
Marietta, GA 30062
Stone MountainGrades: 7-12 | 26 students
811 Gordon Street
Stone Mountain, GA 30083
DecaturGrades: PK-8 | 26 students
705 S. Candler Street
Decatur, GA 30030
AtlantaGrades: NS-6 | 499 students
3160 Northside Pkwy Nw
Atlanta, GA 30327
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017