The Compass School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- We offer a project-based approach, inspired by the Reggio method of educating the very young.
- Developed in Italy, this method respects the innate ability of children to explore and learn from the world around them.
- Rather than give them answers, we guide them as they question, discover, test and exhibit ideas in their own individual ways.
- Our curriculum is child-centered, in that students' interests and curiosity play a critical role in our lesson planning.
- Teachers collaborate, and design lesson plans that focus on what children are interested in while making sure to cover all disciplines in the course of their exploration, from math to science to music, art, drama and language.
- We feel this approach teaches children to explore topics in great detail and better equips them to become life-long learners who enjoy the educational process.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||113 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Monthly tuition varies by age of student.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
The Compass School is awesome! The teachers there are so great with my sons: patient, creative and truly care about making their days exciting, fun and safe. The facility is always clean and warm with good size classrooms and a lovely outdoor play area. Projects are child-inspired which we love and the teachers have a great philosophy about child respect which really works with our high-energy boys. My oldest always comes home with new questions for me that leads to more home learning and projects! I recommend this school to anyone in the area. Keep doing what you're doing Compass!
- Posted by Parent - Carl
Amazing toddler teachers! They are simply the best and do not get enough credit for what they do. Unfortunately if I were to give out stars for the director and administration it would be 1.
- Posted by Teacher - Sammy
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.