The Family School
- School Type: Alternative School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-5
- Students: 84 students
- Average class size: 10 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
Finances and Admission
The Family School believes that children are born eager to learn, and that given the proper tools, will continue to seek out knowledge all their lives. The school supports our students' joy of learning by creating an enthusiastic and safe learning environment. Our teachers cultivate curiosity, encourage participation in a wide range of activities, and provide the foundation and time for children to make powerful connections. The entire school community demonstrates respect for each individual in an atmosphere of trust and alliance.
The Family School is dedicated to:
- The education of the whole child: physical, emotional, intellectual, and social.
- The nurturing of the child's positive self-image and self-respect in an atmosphere of trust and dignity, instilling self-discipline, and engendering respect for others;
- The development of the child's critical and creative thinking processes for problem solving, conflict resolution, tolerance, understanding, and effective communication;
- Working together with families and encouraging parent participation in both the school and the child's learning experience.
Endorse The Family School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards