The Goddard School
- LEARNING THROUGH PLAY Think about all the times you pretended to be a doctor, a chef, a parent or a pro athlete when you were a child.
- As you enjoyed exploring that role, you were figuring out how different people behave and learning through play.
- A play-based curriculum allows children the freedom to have fun while discovering and exploring the world and their interests. To support learning through play, the F.L.EX. Learning Program includes the following:Fun, hands-on activities that allow children to learn through experience;Customized lesson plans that the teachers develop based on the children`s interests and adapt to the children`s developmental needs;Warm, nurturing classrooms that promote a passion for literacy, science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics;A daily schedule that ensures children have time for independent exploration and discovery every day;Age-appropriate interactive technologies, such as interactive whiteboards that support collaborative and meaningful learning without replacing creative play, exploration or physical activity.
The Goddard School places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition is based on students program.|
|Admissions Director||Cinnamon Snipes|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Ballet, Dance, SoccerBallet, Dance,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
- The Goddard School uses the most current, academically endorsed methods to ensure that children from six weeks to six years old have fun while learning the skills they need for long-term success in school and in life.Talented teachers collaborate with parents to nurture children into respectful, confident and joyful learners. The Goddard School's AdvancED and Middle States-accredited F.L.EX. Learning Program reaches more than 45,000 students in 430+ Goddard Schools in 35 states.The Goddard School's comprehensive play-based curriculum, developed with early childhood education experts, provides the best childhood preparation for social and academic success.To learn more about The Goddard School, please visit www.goddardschool.com.Learning for fun.Learning for life.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Woodstock Grades: NS-PK
3051 Parkbrooke Circle
Woodstock, GA 30189
(678)445-3820 0.2 NS-PK
- Woodstock Grades: NS-1 | 178 students
6689 Bells Ferry Road
Woodstock, GA 30188
(770)926-0044 2.4 NS-1
- Woodstock Grades: 1-9
102 Springfieled Dr.
Woodstock, GA 30188
(770)926-7827 3.3 1-9
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.