The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (513) 271-4171
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori Photo #2 - Queen of Angels middle school students are building a trail in the school's wooded area.
The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori Photo #3 - Middle school students view the Capitol rotunda in Atlanta during their Civil Rights trip.
- The mission of Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is to offer an outstanding education to children ages 3-14 in an atmosphere faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School uniquely integrates the proven success of a Montessori education with children's spiritual and moral formation.
- Using the philosophy and techniques of the Montessori approach, including religious education through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, we enable your child to develop as a well-integrated human being: spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori strives to make its unique educational opportunities affordable to many families who could not otherwise afford a private Montessori education.
- We accomplish this by carefully controlling tuition costs, offering significant sibling discounts, and working to enlarge an existing scholarship fund.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Verbal Processing, Speech, some autism|
|Total Students||203 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Choir, Destination Imagination, Drama Club|
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori uses some of the best educational practices:
- Excellence in Writing: a superb program to help children develop strong writing skills
- Spanish: all children take 3 Spanish classes per week starting at age 3
- Orton-Gillingham Language: our teachers have special training to apply this premier method for systematic instruction in spelling and reading.
- Arts Residencies: an annual program with the Ohio Arts Council brings artists of various disciplines to our school for multi-week residencies with students
- Orff Music Program: a hands-on approach to music education
- Virtues Program: to help our students develop life-long habits of virtue Plus much more
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-8 | 290 students
2335 Grandview Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45206
(513) 475-6700 6.1 PK-8
- Cincinnati Grades: PK-8 | 208 students
4305 Pitts Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45223
(513) 541-5122 9.2 PK-8
- Cincinnati Grades: K-8 | 167 students
3324 Wunder Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45211
(513) 481-7683 11.7 K-8
- Loveland Grades: PK-6 | 130 students
927 Obannonville Rd
Loveland, OH 45140
(513) 683-4757 10.5 PK-6
What a fantastic school to learn, play and grow! Love the outdoor campus
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.