The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- The mission of Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School is to offer an outstanding education to children ages 3-14 in an atmosphere faithful to the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori School uniquely integrates the proven success of a Montessori education with children's spiritual and moral formation.
- Using the philosophy and techniques of the Montessori approach, including religious education through the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, we enable your child to develop as a well-integrated human being: spiritually, intellectually, socially, physically, and emotionally.
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori strives to make its unique educational opportunities affordable to many families who could not otherwise afford a private Montessori education.
- We accomplish this by carefully controlling tuition costs, offering significant sibling discounts, and working to enlarge an existing scholarship fund.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Verbal Processing, Speech, some autism|
|Total Students||186 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Boy Scouts, Choir, Destination Imagination, Drama Club Boy Scouts, Choir, Drama Club, Destination Imagination,
- Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori uses some of the best educational practices:
- Excellence in Writing: a superb program to help children develop strong writing skills
- Spanish: all children take 3 Spanish classes per week starting at age 3
- Orton-Gillingham Language: our teachers have special training to apply this premier method for systematic instruction in spelling and reading.
- Arts Residencies: an annual program with the Ohio Arts Council brings artists of various disciplines to our school for multi-week residencies with students
- Orff Music Program: a hands-on approach to music education
- Virtues Program: to help our students develop life-long habits of virtue Plus much more
Profile last updated: 08/24/2015
People that viewed The Good Shepherd Catholic Montessori also viewed these schools: Childrens Meeting House.
What a fantastic school to learn, play and grow! Love the outdoor campus
- Posted by Parent - Parent
Nearby Homes for Sale
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017