Mercy Montessori Center
- Mercy Montessori Center is Catholic School modeled on two fundamental principles: the educational philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, region of Cincinnati, and that of the Montessori Method of Education.
- As a Mercy Institution, the school strives to instill in each student a love of God and a respect for the individual talents given to all.
- The school, through its student body, reflects a microcosm of society.
- It accepts and respects each child as an individual, unique in his/her own religious beliefs, race and cultural heritage as well as intellectual and physical capabilities.
- The approach to learning is based on the tenet, that each child is an individual, developing at his/her own pace.
- Therefore, the environment of Mercy Montessori is structured to sequence learning through the senses to abstraction at all levels of development.
- In all aspects of learning the child is encouraged to search for truth and beauty, and to discover his/her part of the Cosmic Plan.
- The religious and moral development of the child is promoted as well as his/her intellectual growth.
- Mutual respect for each other's rights - the child's and the adult's - is strongly emphasized. Peaceful means or problem solving are employed.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, Language Based Disabilitilies, Developmental and Cognitive Disabilities|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale is available on the school website: mercymontessori.org|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Grimm|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,|
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting, Band, Foreign Language Instruction - Spanish, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Strings Program, Student Government|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-6 | 118 students
1904 Springdale Road
Cincinnati, OH 45231
- CincinnatiGrades: K-11 | 91 students
2041 Courtland Ave
Cincinnati, OH 45212
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-8 | 242 students
6743 Chestnut Street
Cincinnati, OH 45227
- CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 168 students
7645 Winton Road
Cincinnati, OH 45224
- CincinnatiGrades: NS-12 | 1031 students
2161 Grandin Road
Cincinnati, OH 45208
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.