- Mercy Montessori Center is Catholic School modeled on two fundamental principles: the educational philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, region of Cincinnati, and that of the Montessori Method of Education.
- As a Mercy Institution, the school strives to instill in each student a love of God and a respect for the individual talents given to all.
- The school, through its student body, reflects a microcosm of society.
- It accepts and respects each child as an individual, unique in his/her own religious beliefs, race and cultural heritage as well as intellectual and physical capabilities.
- The approach to learning is based on the tenet, that each child is an individual, developing at his/her own pace.
- Therefore, the environment of Mercy Montessori is structured to sequence learning through the senses to abstraction at all levels of development.
- In all aspects of learning the child is encouraged to search for truth and beauty, and to discover his/her part of the Cosmic Plan.
- The religious and moral development of the child is promoted as well as his/her intellectual growth.
- Mutual respect for each other's rights - the child's and the adult's - is strongly emphasized. Peaceful means or problem solving are employed.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, Language Based Disabilitilies, Developmental and Cognitive Disabilities|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale is available on the school website: mercymontessori.org|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Grimm|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting, Band, Foreign Language Instruction - Spanish, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Strings Program, Student Government Acting, Band, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Foreign Language Instruction - Spanish,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 145 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
11525 Snider Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249
CincinnatiGrades: PK-12 | 1006 students
5400 Red Bank Road
Cincinnati, OH 45227
CincinnatiGrades: NS-8 | 455 students
3660 Vineyard Place
Cincinnati, OH 45226
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 399 students
5936 Ridge Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45213
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.