Mercy Montessori Center
- Mercy Montessori Center is Catholic School modeled on two fundamental principles: the educational philosophy of the Sisters of Mercy, region of Cincinnati, and that of the Montessori Method of Education.
- As a Mercy Institution, the school strives to instill in each student a love of God and a respect for the individual talents given to all.
- The school, through its student body, reflects a microcosm of society.
- It accepts and respects each child as an individual, unique in his/her own religious beliefs, race and cultural heritage as well as intellectual and physical capabilities.
- The approach to learning is based on the tenet, that each child is an individual, developing at his/her own pace.
- Therefore, the environment of Mercy Montessori is structured to sequence learning through the senses to abstraction at all levels of development.
- In all aspects of learning the child is encouraged to search for truth and beauty, and to discover his/her part of the Cosmic Plan.
- The religious and moral development of the child is promoted as well as his/her intellectual growth.
- Mutual respect for each other's rights - the child's and the adult's - is strongly emphasized. Peaceful means or problem solving are employed.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)
American Montessori Society (AMS)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||LD, Language Based Disabilitilies, Developmental and Cognitive Disabilities|
|Total Students||286 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition scale is available on the school website: mercymontessori.org|
|Admissions Director||Amanda Grimm|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Soccer, Swimming, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Soccer,
Swimming, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Acting, Band, Foreign Language Instruction - Spanish, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Strings Program, Student Government Acting, Band, Girl Scouts, Lego Club, Foreign Language Instruction - Spanish,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
CincinnatiGrades: NS-6 | 118 students
1904 Springdale Road
Cincinnati, OH 45231
CincinnatiGrades: K-12 | 145 students
1810 Young St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
11525 Snider Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45249
CincinnatiGrades: NS-8 | 455 students
3660 Vineyard Place
Cincinnati, OH 45226
CincinnatiGrades: K-8 | 399 students
5936 Ridge Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45213
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017