The King's Christian Academy
5.00 (4 reviews)
- KCA is a Pre-Kindergarten -12th grade Christian School, serving the Southern Maryland Area. STEM
- Robotics - First Lego League and VEX Athletics - basketball, soccer, volleyball, track & field, cheerleading
- Fine Arts - musicals, dramas, art festivals, band, strings, vocal ensemble
- Dual enrollment with Cairn University Summer Camp - over 50+ camps for ages 4-15
- Bus Service to St. Mary's & Calvert County Before/After Care with homework help
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)
National Association of Private Special Education Centers
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||367 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Biology/Human Anatomy, Advanced Statistics, AP Calculus, AP Chemistry, Honors American Literature, Honors British Literature, Honors Chemistry, Honors Physics, Robotics, STEM Survey & LabView,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform is required; All uniform pieces come from Lands)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending upon the student's grade.|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Hanks|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Interact Club, Newspaper Club, Vocal Ensemble, Yearbook Interact Club, Newspaper Club, Vocal Ensemble, Yearbook,|
- For over 30 years, KCA has been recognized for its unique combination of academic excellence and Christian education. Beginning at the preschool level, our commitment is to educate the total student, providing a nurturing, balanced, well-rounded educational experience and to help young men and women achieve their full potential in all facets of life. The King`s Christian Academy is a non-denominational, co-educational environment in which the Christian world view and biblical values are taught and practiced in every aspect of school life. We seek families who appreciate the benefit of a challenging, Christ-centered education.
- We bring together one of the most qualified and committed faculties in the Southern Maryland area who are dedicated to preparing students for success in college and life, while emphasizing the importance of personal integrity.We would love to meet your family and see how KCA can meet your educational needs. We would be happy to schedule a tour! For more information, please call our admissions office at 301-994-3080.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- RaleighGrades: PK-12 | 1185 students
7409 Falls Of Neuse Rd
Raleigh, NC 27615
- White PlainsGrades: PK-12 | 359 students
Po Box 1668
White Plains, MD 20695
- Lexington ParkGrades: PK-6 | 91 students
20525 Willows Rd
Lexington Park, MD 20653
- LeonardtownGrades: 6-12 | 38 students
41740 Baldridge Street
Leonardtown, MD 20650
- CaliforniaGrades: NS-3 | 130 students
23443 Cottonwood Pkwy
California, MD 20619
I recently graduated from KCA and can't tell you how well this school prepared me for college! Because of the challenging nature of my high school coursework, I'm currently excelling in all of my college classes. Not only did KCA prepare me academically but they taught me how to study and take notes. (Invaluable!) I had several wonderful teachers who truly believed I could succeed. They invested their own personal time to ensuring I understood what we were covering in class - and they always made themselves available before and after school for students who needed additional help. I'm so thankful that my parents were able to send me to KCA!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - KCA grad
Hands down, the best school in St. Mary's County. We transferred from another state and were looking for a school that would continue to challenge our kids. After checking out all the local public and private options, the choice was clear -- KCA was the best around. Not only is my high schooler taking advanced courses -- he's getting college credit for them as well since KCA has a relationship with Cairn University. Awesome. He'll probably have a lot of his freshman year in college done by the time he graduates from KCA! He's also involved in soccer and track -- and getting plenty of experience with both. Great coaches and top notch teachers. So glad we found KCA!
- Posted by Parent - barba
This is a fantastic school. We tried the public schools and they simply didn't challenge our child enough. KCA is highly academic, yet they offer many of the "extras" that are being cut from a lot of the public programs. Music, computer, art, physical education, robotics...these are a part of my student's schedule every week in addition to the basics of science, language, math, reading, writing, social studies, etc. We know that KCA is providing a solid foundation for our child as she moves into their high school next year.
- Posted by Parent - barba
Great school and fantastic academics. Small classes are a big plus and the teachers are warm and welcoming. We're very happy our choice!
- Posted by Parent - barba
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.