The Lake & Park School
- Our approach to the elementary gradesputs basic skills within a meaningful context of intellectual depth and breadth supported by out-in-the-field explorations.
- A sky`s the limit thematic curriculum makes room for topics near and far and enriches the daily experience.The arts and sciences are an integral part of all we do.
- World language and English language word study combine with an appreciation of poetry and drama to comprise a comprehensive program of the language arts.
- Our beginning programs emphasize play, the essential tool of learning and growing.
- A high value is placed on physical fitness and the outdoors throughout all the seasons and grades. Learn more at lakeandparkschool.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Activity fee approximately $600 for the 2017-2018 academic year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eileen Hynes|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Ultimate Frisbee,|
- The Lake and Park School provides a comprehensive preschool through fifth grade educational program. It embraces the best of past traditions in providing a classic kindergarten, as wel las offering an experiential education for the elementary grades. One where a themed curriculum is individualized to meet each child in a meaningful way. Visit our website and blog to get great detail on the scope and range of the curriculum throughout the grades. www.lakeandparkschool.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206)442-6855 4.7 PK-5
- Seattle Grades: NS-PK | 22 students
2303 25th Avenue East -
Seattle, WA 98112
(206)322-4496 4.5 NS-PK
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 236 students
3611 E Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98122
(206)323-9011 3 PK-5
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.