The Lake & Park School
Tel: (206) 721-3480
- Our approach to the elementary gradesputs basic skills within a meaningful context of intellectual depth and breadth supported by out-in-the-field explorations.
- A sky`s the limit thematic curriculum makes room for topics near and far and enriches the daily experience.The arts and sciences are an integral part of all we do.
- World language and English language word study combine with an appreciation of poetry and drama to comprise a comprehensive program of the language arts.
- Our beginning programs emphasize play, the essential tool of learning and growing.
- A high value is placed on physical fitness and the outdoors throughout all the seasons and grades. Learn more at lakeandparkschool.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||69 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 12 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,000|
|Tuition Notes||Activity fee approximately $600 for the 2017-2018 academic year.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Eileen Hynes|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Ultimate Frisbee,|
- The Lake and Park School provides a comprehensive preschool through fifth grade educational program. It embraces the best of past traditions in providing a classic kindergarten, as wel las offering an experiential education for the elementary grades. One where a themed curriculum is individualized to meet each child in a meaningful way. Visit our website and blog to get great detail on the scope and range of the curriculum throughout the grades. www.lakeandparkschool.org
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Seattle Grades: NS-5 | 246 students
2227 10th Avenue E
Seattle, WA 98102
(206) 442-6855 4.7 NS-5
- Seattle Grades: NS-PK | 22 students
2303 25th Avenue East -
Seattle, WA 98112
(206) 322-4496 4.5 NS-PK
- Seattle Grades: PK-5 | 236 students
3611 E Denny Way
Seattle, WA 98122
(206) 323-9011 3 PK-5
Do you think your son has a learning disability? Not sure what to do? A special needs school might be the way to go.
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.