Puget Sound Community School
Puget Sound Community School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Academics and Faculty
No dress code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Puget Sound Community School is committed to co-creating a brave space for community-centered education, critical curriculum, student choice, accountability, and thoughtful collaboration.
- Core Commitments
- Practice Integrity. Engage the Community. Act with Courage.
- Puget Sound Community School (PSCS) is an independent middle and high school, located in the heart of the Chinatown-International District in Downtown, Seattle, WA. We believe that people are intrinsically compelled by our innate curiosity and desire to learn; when provided choice, positive support, scrutable accountability, and a responsive curriculum-taught by engaged, multi-skilled teachers-we will all enthusiastically pursue meaningful goals and purpose. As far as this is true for adults, we see how these shared instincts also cultivate conscientious, community-minded, and self-motivated young people. The approaches used at PSCS foster creativity, flexibility, and compassion, while encouraging students and staff to focus deeper on those activities and classes that bring them joy and purpose. To do this, PSCS offers one-on-one Advising relationships and curricula built around student interest, growth, and need. Additional community expectations are designed to scaffold growth in understanding social and restorative justice, and personal, contextual, and responsible identity.
- In May of 2021, in an effort to build upon the collaborative and equitable vision of the school, PSCS parents, staff, and the Board of Trustees agreed to invest in non-hierarchical administration and collaborative leadership, rather than in a traditional Head of School. This decision resulted in the formation of an Administrative Team that functions in close cooperation with the Teaching Staff. Students who fully embrace the program offered at PSCS show consistent progress in self-expression, leadership, and skill-building in almost any endeavor, and start to recognize they are part of something bigger than themselves.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Puget Sound Community School cost?
Puget Sound Community School's tuition is approximately $23,123 for private students.
What is the acceptance rate of Puget Sound Community School?
The acceptance rate of Puget Sound Community School is 90%, which is higher than the national average of 85%.
What is Puget Sound Community School's ranking?
Puget Sound Community School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for: Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees.
When is the application deadline for Puget Sound Community School?
The application deadline for Puget Sound Community School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Puget Sound Community School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards