Seattle Waldorf School
At Seattle Waldorf School, dedicated faculty balance strong academics with immersive experiences and the arts to support healthy social-emotional development and build a strong foundation for success inside and outside of school. Located on three campuses, all within easy reach of urban forests and waterways, our flexible and vibrant learning environments inspire intellectual curiosity, emphasize the interconnectedness of the world, cultivate imagination, and encourage courageous exploration on a joyful journey of lifelong learning. We invite students to view each subject through multiple lenses: Mathematical analysis, Scientific observation, Factual and contextual history, World languages and cultures. Visual, practical, and expressive arts. Nature and environmental stewardship. Games, athletics, and sportsmanship. Waldorf students are recognized for creative thinking, problem-solving, self-knowledge, and social acumen. Seattle Waldorf School graduates shine at colleges, universities, and beyond!.
Quick Stats (2023)
- Top Ranked WA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-12
- Enrollment: 269 students
- Average class size: 22 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 13 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Seattle Waldorf School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for:
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 13 / rolling
PRESCHOOL Three-Day (Half-Day) $12,900 Five-Day (Full-Day) $26,400 KINDERGARTEN Five-Day (Full-Day) $26,400 GRADE SCHOOL Grade 1 through Grade 8 $29,600 HIGH SCHOOL Grade 9 through Grade 12 $40,300 International, Grade 9 through Grade 12 $52,800
Total Sports Offered
- Founded in 1980, Seattle Waldorf School is one of the only independent schools in the greater Seattle area with programs for students 18 months to 18 years old. Located on three campuses, all within easy reach of urban forests and waterways, we support students on a joyful journey that cultivates imagination, healthy social and emotional development, reverence for the natural world, and a deep love of learning. At Seattle Waldorf School we invite students to view each subject through multiple lenses: language, history, artistic expression, and scientific observation, and then apply the kind of creative thinking and problem-solving that make Waldorf graduates shine at college and university.
- We are dedicated to educating children to reach their full potential. Our faculty, staff, and board members are committed to creating a learning environment that nurtures creative, resilient, and confident thinkers to become lifelong learners.
- As one of the premier preschool through grade 12 Waldorf schools in the country, and the only one in Washington state, SWS stands as a leader in the Waldorf movement regionally and nationally.
- Our practices, programs, and policies support diversity, equity, and inclusion across the breadth of our entire community to the depth of each individual.
- Learn More About Us! https://seattlewaldorf.org/about-seattle-waldorf-school/
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are Seattle Waldorf School often compared to?
Seattle Waldorf Schoolis often viewed alongside schools like The Bush School by visitors of our site.
What sports does Seattle Waldorf School offer?
Seattle Waldorf School offers 1 interscholastic sports: Ultimate Frisbee.
What is Seattle Waldorf School's ranking?
Seattle Waldorf School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Washington for: Largest student body.
When is the application deadline for Seattle Waldorf School?
The application deadline for Seattle Waldorf School is Jan. 13 / rolling (applications are due on Jan. 13 but additional applications are reviewed year-round as space permits ).
My son attends preschool and, since day 1, has been loving the nature and creative environment that kids are immersed in. The school is located in a truly unique spot, surrounded by lots of trees, that make you feel "walking in nature" every day when you go to class at drop-offs. As a parent, I feel so much fortunate knowing my son is so happy at the SWS campus and enjoys exploring the outdoors while learning and developing his interpersonal skillsets with his friends and teachers.
My 4th and 8th graders both attend SWS. A school that teaches the skills needed for the world they will grow up in and builds in them the attitude to shape it. A unique approach to developing mind, heart, and soul through structured education and producing optimally functioning global citizens.
Our two boys attend there (11th and 10th grade) and have landed in a thriving, artistic, justice-oriented, passionate learning community. The small classes and personalized approach to learning have ensured that they feel seen, develop outstanding interpersonal skills and relationships, and excel academically, which includes bi-annual class trips to explore our incredible bioregion. The location right on Lake Washington on the Magnason Park campus is super cool too! The students regularly rock climb at The Mountaineers, do PE at Arena Sports, and even occasionally get lunch at the Magnuson Pub. It's super cool! There is also a strong Ultimate frisbee program there too-past teams have played their way to Nationals! We are fortunate to have so many independent and public school options in our city. SWHS is an amazing independent option that offers incredible gifts for the young adult emerging from the pandemic and also gives tools to be a creative leader in confronting the myriad of other challenges of our times.
Endorse Seattle Waldorf School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Resources For Families Affected By Autism
There are over five million people in the U.S. with autism. Here is some basic information and resources to understand autism.
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)