Seattle Waldorf School
- Seattle Waldorf School offers a developmentally appropriate, experiential approach to education.
- Arts and academics are integrated for children from preschool through twelfth grade.
- The aim of the education is to inspire life-long learning in each student and enable them to fully develop their unique capacities.
- Founded in Germany in the early 20th century, Waldorf EducationSM is an independent and inclusive form of education based on the insights and teaching of the renowned anthroposophist, artist, and scientist, Rudolf Steiner.
- Evolving from a profound understanding of the human spirit and human development, Waldorf Education is regionally adaptive and has grown to include hundreds of schools worldwide.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Waldorf Schools of North America|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||16:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||24 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 17|
|Tuition Notes||PreK $6210, K $10,350, Gr1-8 $14,150, HS $19,400|
|Admissions Director||Meg Petty|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cross Country, Ultimate FrisbeeCross Country, Ultimate Frisbee,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- SeattleGrades: K-12 | 657 students
3400 E Harrison Street
Seattle, WA 98112
- SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 730 students
1201 E Union Street
Seattle, WA 98122
- SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 858 students
14050 1st Avenue NE
Seattle, WA 98125
- SeattleGrades: 6-12 | 505 students
8000 25th Ave Ne
Seattle, WA 98115
- SeattleGrades: 5-12 | 652 students
19303 Fremont Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98133
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.