Pacific Crest School
Pacific Crest School offers a Montessori learning environment for children from three years of age continuing through the eighth grade. A cornerstone of Montessori philosophy is the understanding that humans progress through stages of development. The program levels at Pacific Crest reflect these stages of development by meeting the needs and interests that are unique to each developmental level.
Our classrooms and our school community are based upon: respectful and caring environments, a commitment to the support of human development, a belief in the potential of each and every child, and supporting their paths to independence.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 202 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 27
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 30%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our school was founded in 1985. From that initial class of 25 children located in a church basement, we have grown to a school of over 200 located on our beautiful urban campus on Bright Street. In 2003 we acquired our Farm on Vashon Island. Our students now extend their learning and their sense of place to include both the urban and rural neighborhoods.
- Our philosophy is based upon the work of Maria Montessori, Italian physician and educator, and her teachings which have been handed down through teacher education and certification through the Association Montessori Internationale(AMI).
- "Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment."- Maria Montessori
- All of Pacific Crest`s primary and elementary teachers are trained through AMI training centers. Our Middle School teachers attend Montessori trainings for the adolescent level; these are offered by the North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA) in partnership with AMI.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Pacific Crest School?
The application deadline for Pacific Crest School is Jan. 27.
Endorse Pacific Crest School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How To Find The School You Want
Finding the right school for your child is a major project. However, if you tackle it methodically, you will get good results. Here's a roadmap to finding the school you want.
Private School Supplies
Your child will need lots of supplies when she goes off to private school. These lists will help get you organized.
A Baker's Dozen of 'Must Have' Sites
Here are my picks for 'must have' web sites when it comes to finding out about private K-12 schools.