Pacific Crest School offers a Montessori learning environment for children from three years of age continuing through the eighth grade. A cornerstone of Montessori philosophy is the understanding that humans progress through stages of development. The program levels at Pacific Crest reflect these stages of development by meeting the needs and interests that are unique to each developmental level.
Our classrooms and our school community are based upon: respectful and caring environments, a commitment to the support of human development, a belief in the potential of each and every child, and supporting their paths to independence.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 202 students
- Average class size: 20 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 27
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 32%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our school was founded in 1985. From that initial class of 25 children located in a church basement, we have grown to a school of over 200 located on our beautiful urban campus on Bright Street. In 2003 we acquiredour Farm on Vashon Island. Our students now extend their learning and their sense of place to include both the urban and rural neighborhoods.
- Our philosophy is based upon the work ofMaria Montessori, Italian physician and educator, and her teachings which have been handed down through teacher education and certification through theAssociation Montessori Internationale(AMI).
- "Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment."- Maria Montessori
- All of Pacific Crest`s primary and elementary teachers are trained through AMI training centers. Our Middle School teachers attend Montessori trainings for the adolescent level; these are offered by theNorth American Montessori Teachers Association(NAMTA) in partnership with AMI.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
When is the application deadline for Pacific Crest School?
The application deadline for Pacific Crest School is Jan. 27.
Endorse Pacific Crest School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Making Social Media Work for Your School
An introduction to using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to promote your school.
SEO for Private Schools - Part 3: Using Social Media
Social media for private K-12 schools is a bit different from social media for businesses. Some tips and strategies here.
The Pros and Cons of Teaching Overseas
Hundreds of private schools, and for that matter, public schools, outside the United States will be happy to have you as a teacher for a few years.