Pacific Crest School
Pacific Crest School offers a Montessori learning environment for children from three years of age continuing through the eighth grade. A cornerstone of Montessori philosophy is the understanding that humans progress through stages of development. The program levels at Pacific Crest reflect these stages of development by meeting the needs and interests that are unique to each developmental level.
Our classrooms and our school community are based upon: respectful and caring environments, a commitment to the support of human development, a belief in the potential of each and every child, and supporting their paths to independence.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 206 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Our school was founded in 1985. From that initial class of 25 children located in a church basement, we have grown to a school of over 200 located on our beautiful urban campus on Bright Street. In 2003 we acquired our Farm on Vashon Island. Our students now extend their learning and their sense of place to include both the urban and rural neighborhoods.
- Our philosophy is based upon the work of Maria Montessori, Italian physician and educator, and her teachings which have been handed down through teacher education and certification through the Association Montessori Internationale(AMI).
- "Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not by listening to words, but by experiences in the environment."- Maria Montessori
- All of Pacific Crest`s primary and elementary teachers are trained through AMI training centers. Our Middle School teachers attend Montessori trainings for the adolescent level; these are offered by the North American Montessori Teachers Association (NAMTA) in partnership with AMI.
Endorse Pacific Crest School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.